Best DVD Player for DVD-R Media COMPRESSED??

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Scott845, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Scott845

Scott845 Member

Hello All:

I am looking to buy a DVD player that is the best for playing DVD-R discs that are compressed.

I currently have a Sony DVP-S530D and a APEX AD-500B. The Sony almost plays nothing when compressed to far, and for the Apex, it plays some but not all once the DVD's are compressed below 65%. I should say it does play them below 65% but the playback is jumpy and skips, and is not what I am looking for.

Any ideas...I am currently burning with DVD XCOPY and have had no problems with the software to this point. I was going to switch to CloneDVD, but I am noticing than when I have the program open and I am burning, it sucks my PC RESOURCES dry and my PC is almost having a stroke to stay up and running....anyone else having this problem as well?

Thanks for the tips:
    Scott

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

no clonedvd 2 works great on my system per my sig .how much memory are you running?

this is the dvd player to get

The Philips DVP642 will play about any disc that you feed it

http://www.amug.org/amug-web/html/amug/reviews/articles/philips/

and iam surprise you are still using dvd x copy since it wont do the newer movies by its self and the program not updated anymore

3. rureadie

rureadie Member

Philips DVD642 is the ticket! They state,YOU HAVE IT,WE PLAY IT! I will agree 100%.As the media market changes,You have the ability to update the player!2 thumbs up!