Best ISO Program?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by hedmunky, Aug 19, 2005.

1. hedmunky

hedmunky Member

Ive been using Qwix and 1 question about it, what purpose does patching the .xbe files Ive always patched my default.xbe files but not the others, so what does it do and should i do it?.

I used to use ISO Maker (the one where it uses command prompt Microsoft GDF image maker).

I ive heard of a bunch of others I just wanna get you guys opinion on which is the best overall ISO maker for the xbox?

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Craxtion is rated as the best among xbox modders. Qwix is very good too. As for me personally, I like CloneXB.

3. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

I think the 'default.xbe' patch is for the Games that will eventually land on the HDD and have there Media flaged changed so as to be able to load off the HDD in the first place. Granted not evey 'default.xbe' is that picky about being patched or not. And so this question. But if I can recall correctly 'NFL Feavor' from Microsoft™ was such a Game that needed this 'patch'...

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

I don't think I have ever heard of anybody before that needed to patch a .xbe in order to get a game working. I still do it anyways, as it does not hurt to do it.

P.S. I'm a Craxtion v3.1 fan :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2005
  5. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

Again the only .xbe I ever came acorss that actually needed to be patched was the Demo of 'NFL Feavor' which came on the Project Gotham 2 PAL Disc. I do not know if the same .xbe needed to be patched for the retail version. But, the patch was ment to be able to run the code off of the HDD as opposed to the DVD as it's expected to...

Or at least that's what I was allways told...

6. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

Sorry my ISP must be acting up. Well that or Firefox or both as is most likely the case.

Dubble Post. Please deleat me!

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Woops, Sorry Ichijoe, I didn't read far enough into your post about that .xbe needing to be patched.

Well hey, now I know of one game that needs to be patched :)

8. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

Simplexiso!