Best Media For Xbox Games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by chaos321, Feb 10, 2005.

1. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

hi,
    can you tell me whats the best media for backing up xbox games already tried ritek twice on halo 2 doesnt work i used ritek ridata 4x white inkjet didnt work says the there is a reading error but used my friends halo 2 game backup and worked perfect on a kodak dvd-r also whats the difference between dvd-r and dvd+r whats better for xbox? whats better for ps2?

thanxs alot need help!!!

2. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

I use Ritek -r/4x or Maxell -r/4x and have backed up roughly around 60 games with no coasters. I remember backing up Halo 2 on a Maxell -r/4x but slowed the burner down to 2x and it worked perfectly. If i'm not mistaken you can delete these xbox live files(dashupdate.xbe,downloader.xbe and update.xbe)before you create the xiso with craxtion or qwix. Try to delete those files and create the iso and slow down the burner. Ohhh, i've also backed alot of games with the ritek ridata 4x G4's but not the inkjets with no problems. Are You using Craxtion or Qwix??? Not that it really matters,they both serve the same purpose. HMMMM, if one doesn't work try the other to create the xiso. Let me know if this helps!!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005
  3. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Maxell DVD-R with the yellow plastic coating have never failed me yet. Works great for games and movies.

4. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Those are the one I use!!! The Maxell -r/4x with the yellow coating. They are excellent and haven't failed me yet. Great for backing up games and movies!!! They have been better than the Ritek Ridata -r/4x media for me.

5. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

I can't wait for Star Wars "Revenge Of The Sith"!!!!

6. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

I dont know the specifics about -r and +r but I know that both work on my xbox. I have all the diffrent dvd-rom drives for xbox and sometimes I've had to switch drives for a certian type of media to work basically once you get one that works stick with it. what drive do you have in your xbox older version or new?

7. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

i have a philps drive in crystal brandnew xbox! i use dvd-r ritek ridata should i use dvd+r

8. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

buy a 5 pack and check it out.... or if you have a big harddrive just buy a couple dvd-rw or +rw's

9. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Don't waste your money on RW's they won't work.

10. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

Works all the time for me... what dvd-rom do you have in your xbox? I've never had a problem w/ rw

11. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

WHATS BETTER DVD+R 4X RITEK RIDATA WHITE INKJET (RICOHJPN01 CODE) OR THE DVD+R 8X TAIYO YUDEN WHITE INKJET PRINTABLE my xbox drive is a philps drive i already told you that! also does the ritek ridata and/or the taiyo yuden even work in a philps drive?

thanxs!! need help!!

12. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

When I put in my Maxell DVD-R's to rip a movie to one file ( After using DVD Shrink 3.2), DVD Decrypter identifies them as Ritek G04 (?)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005
  13. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

thats because it uses ritek dye on the discs

14. harrybuck

harrybuck Member

yes maxell does use ritek brand but they also use ty and there own brand.

I find that there own brand is the best i have ever used. To get them get the ones that say made in japan, they are usually hard to find. They usually say made in taiwan and you will get riteks or ty. You really cannot go wrong buying maxell if you get them on sale, I am just picky.

15. mariasman

mariasman Member

I just bought a 25 pack of Memorex DVD+RW and I tried 2 ISO files from my favorite torrent source. Niether game will load under Slayer 2.6 and an Aladdin XT. I burned them with Decrypter and Nero and 120% no luck. Burned them both to DVD-R and they are fine.
    Is there something I'm missing on the DVD RW issue? Is it the +RW's?

Modding my Box with that Aladden was the best thing I ever did! I used Slayer 2.6 Auto and bam I'm rockin.

Rick