best media to burn xbox games?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Noamos, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Noamos

Noamos Regular member

Just was curious what most ppl use to burn there games for xbox. The reason I asked is because most of my backups are sony dvd+r and just noticed today that they're 16x and I have been burning them at 1x the most recent ones haven't worked verbatims 8x and burn at 2.4x in nero. Don't know the right media and most common to be successful for everyone or could those 16x mess up my laser. Thanks.

2. theridges

theridges Guest

well most people here starting out modding the PS2 and the PS2 dont really like any media burned faster than 4x so we got into a habit telling people to burn slow.....Verbatim DVD-R is great media and is usually what i recommend use imgburn to burn the game its the program that replaced dvd decrypter...if you would like to use the best media on the market Taiyo Yuden and RiTek are great check http://www.newegg.com for good deals on bulk...
    Like i said Burn at 4x for best results even if 16x works its still putting stress on the lazers because i believe factory games are only burned at like 8x...

3. Noamos

Noamos Regular member

Well I softmoded my xbox first and then ps2, I have read all stickies and went by that burning at the slowest speed possible. So I did I started to use the verbatim 8x +r and -r and both have been giving me disc errors so I went back to sony dvd+r x16 and they work fine, so ill stick to that. now as for the laser do you think maybe has been worn out and now it will only read that specific type

4. iam1

iam1 Member

Hi

It is general rule of thumb, to copy ps2 and xbox using DVD-R, as there are some problems that occur when you burn with dvd+r / rw, and somes
    times it can also ddpeend on the actual lasers of your machine as well, i have a couple of burners and i have learnt some very valuable information on the types of media, that are very good and have a great success rate, but it is all trial and error, also sometimes if you are lucky some companies, will sell you a small mixed pack of discs for testing purposes, and then you will get to know what your burner really likes???

Good luch and btw (by the way) TY (Taiyo Yuden are very very good indeed, i have not had one single coaster since using these little beauties, pure magic, but they are more expensive, but sometimes paying that bit extra, goes a long way, and if you want successful burning, then surely a few extra quid will not break the bank :-D

5. Noamos

Noamos Regular member

Thanks for the advise, I know you pay for what you get, even though sonys 16x have been good to me and xbox as for ps2 it only verbatim 8x dvd-r. I will take your word for it and next batch I'll try the TY.

6. iam1

iam1 Member

Hello

The Taiyo Yuden DVD-Rs are really really good, i bought a couple of spindles, there were 25 discs in each spindle, and out of the whole fifty, i made not one coaster, that is what i call good.

This is the link to the products here: http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=1203

7. Noamos

Noamos Regular member

I understand that but for some odd reason my dvddrive will only recognize the sony dvd+rs and 16x speed which is the weird thing but they work flawlessly. Or could also be the software I use to burn I will experiment and I'll post back with final results.

8. iam1

iam1 Member

Yes it can depend on the software, you are using as well, also what type /brand is your burner, and has it been loaded with the latest drivers and updates?? These opoints are very important points??
    a lot of things have to be reflashed and devices upgraded to cope with the technology of today??

Check this link to get your burner upgraded/new drivers/flash

Here: http://forum.rpc1.org/index.php?sid=9c2e5ba8d6663b73c252049bcd5f32e7

9. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Some older firmwares don't support all brands of media, which is probably why it isn't working still. Update the firmware, and see if that helps like iam1 suggested.

10. Noamos

Noamos Regular member

Firmware link didn't work any other source to update drivers for artec vom12e48x.

11. iam1

iam1 Member

That is unusual, i just typed your actual drive into google, and that looks a decent drive, on the Uk site i saw the price at £15.00, so i am surprised that the firmware page does not have an update for that writer, did you type the full name of your writer into the search function on the firmware page?? /

:-D

12. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Just install ImgBurn and use the "Upgrade firmware" option from the menu. It'll automatically bring up a webpage with the appropriate firmware. Also, you'll want to use ImgBurn anyway since it's one of the best image burning applications. Not to mention it's 100% free.

13. Noamos

Noamos Regular member

Yeah I have been using image and has been the best so far, I will try to update the firmwire.

14. iam1

iam1 Member

Hi

If you do not find an upate at the firmware, page maybe you should try the company, that made the actaul drive, they will for sure have a massive F.A.Q.s database of all their products sold???

Use google as your search engine, you will be surprised :-D

I went to try and find som e updates for you but was unsuccessful, try this link, although i did try it several times before going to work, but could not gett he page to load, it is the sites official U.R.L
    http://www.artecusa.com/products-dvd+rw.html ps maybe try the url in a couple of different browser's