1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best P2P applications?!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by jlrm365, Jan 8, 2005.

1. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

Anyone play with newsgroups at all???

2. Tsar

Tsar Member

eMule has always been my favorite. Even though downloads take a long time, I always manage to find that rare movies and documentaries... it's really only good for large files, not really music...

3. makaros

makaros Guest

well personally I think Lime Wire Pro & BearShare are very good but you can also try Torrent files!

4. careyciii

careyciii Member

all these new p2p seem heavily windows based. Anything out there for a mac??

5. hodab

hodab Guest

well, I wish I could use eMule. I found many badminton games on it. But the problem is that the speed of downloading is really slow (max 20 kb). This surprises me because I have a connection speed of 10 MB. What is the problem. Can you give me some points, Tsar?

6. thehead

thehead Guest

ive been using warep2p its not been running how i like so i tryed limewire thats alright but then i tryed bittorrent i do like this, get the new version loads of sites out there to download all the latest stuff with a quick look on google recommened!!!!!!!!!

7. dude845

dude845 Regular member

ok yesterday i tried somany bt programs bittornado,bitstorm, bitbuddy (never heared of it till yesterday,hunter and fisherman project or somthing like that it sucked to, and way more bt clients but after runing a adware scan i had so many severe counts of adware, i tried exeem lite to it sucked well thats what i thought i would recommend azurues, bitcomet(even though i have had no luck with it) or bearshare lite (comes with adware but can be taken out)

8. dude845

dude845 Regular member

ok yesterday i tried somany bt programs bittornado,bitstorm, bitbuddy (never heared of it till yesterday,hunter and fisherman project or somthing like that it sucked to, and way more bt clients but after runing a adware scan i had so many severe counts of adware, i tried exeem lite to it sucked well thats what i thought i would recommend azurues, bitcomet(even though i have had no luck with it) or bearshare lite (comes with adware but can be taken out)

9. feliixtc

feliixtc Member

iam using safe-share quite sucessfully but I need to know why 'resume download' is greyed out on the 'r'click menu
    before i jined the forums i thought i saw a whole heap of posts about safe-share
    can soeone pont me in the correct direction
    if the download stops it stars again bit I can't manually resume it

10. TahoePro

TahoePro Guest

has anybody or does anybody use "Warez P2P" i just downloadedd it and it works great even for those with dial up even though it doesnt compare to high speed i get on the avgerage 15 min. per song and that seems pretty good to me, i have anti virus and all that other good stuff and no viruses/spys so i would rate it a 8.5/10

11. dude845

dude845 Regular member

15min winmx can do better then that!!!! i use limewire myself or bearshare lite damn adware can be removed

12. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

nohelpme wrote:
    Google is a marvelous thing. This is a very comprensive guide:
    http://www.slyck.com/ng.php?page=1

Personally, you couldnt pay me enough to use p2p apps, for obvious and numerous reasons. Usenet contains 30+ terrabytes of files, with hundreds of thousands added daily. IMO, it's easily worth the modest monthly fee (~$15) required to have access to a premium server. On a 1.3 Mbit adsl connection, you could easily expect to be able to download ~250 gigs a month.

$15 a month buys you a measure of anonymity, the ability to request files, and access to a huge database that is continually updated. Once you figure it out, it's a breeze to use, and IMO vastly superior to all other p2p apps.

13. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Can a clean (virus free) version of ares lite be downloaded from the official site? Or is there a better place to get it if so i would appreciate any info given!?

14. dude845

dude845 Regular member

i want to know that to

15. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

yeah, does ne one know? ..............................

16. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Well i D/L ares lite from the official site but havent installed it yet until i can find out if its ok. Or can sum1 tell me where they got there ares lite?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2005
  17. TahoePro

TahoePro Guest

i know this has nothing to do with the topic but how do you get a picture under your message???????

18. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Huh......... :p

19. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Go to your account and click edit personal information go down to your sig and put in [​IMG] and it should come up. add to the end of your site with no spaces [ / i m g ] .

If its a pic from your hard drive you will need to put it on a site that hosts pics. I use http://www.imageshack.ws/index.php to put the pics i want from my pc in my sig.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2005
  20. feliixtc

feliixtc Member

well my view on ares if u are interested
    I used the full version (no experience with the lite one)
    for quite some time
    once I set it up it was one of my first voyages into p2p & downloading music movies etc worked really well
    no issues with spy ware/ I use antivirus(trendmicro) lavasoft Ad-ware personal(free version0) spybot & shredder (shredder has yet to find nasties on my system) trendmicro picks up nasties fast as a jet plane/ even with my firewall turned off it has still stopped 'em (I use trendmicro firewall too)
    what I am saying is spyware & nasties can be removed even if they sneak in so u download whatever then delete the nasty providng your antivirus is reliable & up to date. it trendmicro will pick up a virus in a movie download quick as look at u
    so really I find being concerned with 'lite' versions a waste of time