1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best p2p program

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by arty, Apr 30, 2002.

1. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

As much as some of our users tend to love "universal codec packs", namely Nimo codec pack, I don't recommend those for specific reasons. First of all, uninstalling them cleanly is almost impossible. Secondly, there is only a very, very limited number of codecs you actually need in real life -- most notably, downloading FFDShow (can be found from our site) provides playback for all MPEG-4 -based codecs, including DivX and XviD -- without installing any overhead in terms of useless encoding capable codecs. And its faster too.

2. Ghostdog

Ghostdog Regular member

So FFDShow can decode MPEG-4 files (and do it faster), but it can´t encode them?

What if I have the both DivX 4.12 and FFDShow installed? Which one will be used for decoding the movies?

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Yes, FFDShow wont encode files, it is not a codec, but a DirectShow Filter instead (which doesn't say a jack to most of the users, but let's call it "playback onlu codec" then :).

From FFDShow's settings, you can select what types it should decode, including DivX3, DivX4, DivX5 and so on.

4. huummmm

huummmm Guest

what the heck is spywear??

5. tika87

tika87 Member

any chance you mean spyware?

6. johnbmx

johnbmx Member

.must be, cause aint spywear made by machete?from spy kids..hahahaha

7. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Spyware is a little b@$t@rd that likes tohang around your computer and see what your into. I then likes to use that info to pop-up unwanted adds and get crappy emails sent to you that you don't want.

8. FoxWoLf

FoxWoLf Member

is there a way to get a download accelerator or file resumer like flashget to work with kazaa.. cuz when my computer has an error the comp restarts
    then all my stuff i downloadin is gone
    so is there a way i can get a file resumer for kazaa

Last edited: Oct 13, 2002
  9. Ghostdog

Ghostdog Regular member

Does windows run ScanDisk (the blue-screened scan ) when it reboots after a crash?

If so, then never select "delete" when scandisk says it has found some lost information (or similar, I run the finnish version of Win98SE) and asks if you want to delete it. You should select something like "ignore".

10. Dela

I'm runnin XP Pro and my computer keeps crashin when I use kazaa. I didn't know what was wrong with it for ages. I kept having to reinstall windows. Then I noticed I had no problems when kazaa was off!!

I use kazaa lite now and that doesn't crash at all!! Direct Connect never crashes either (for me) so you should think about downloadin it!

11. MrFat

MrFat Guest

Try using "ULTRA Player" if you have any problems with playing movies off the net with Windows Media Player. Ultraplayer works with WMP 6.4 as its base. I've played movies with U.P. that would not play on W.M.A. Go to "ultrplayer.com" to get it, and the great this about it, is that it's free! Plus it has a load of downloadable skins, for that unique look(well not that unique)that you are looking for!

This Was A Paid Advertisment, From A Monoply Company In Redmond,Washington(Oops!)

12. Ghostdog

Ghostdog Regular member

Who knows what Sharman netw. have cramped in to Kazaa. Kazaa Lite is way better (well, techniclly the same app., but still).

13. Dela

Ye kazaalite is much better cause it removes all those dodgy restrictions in your registry aswell as removing spyware, stealware & adware!!!

Plus due to the birate restrictions gone, you can actually find mp3s 192kbits+

14. Jake

Jake Active member

I say it´s eDonkey and DC++. No spyware or something other s*it :)

15. Dela

Direct Connect kicks ass!!!

Edonkey is good for use with sharereactor but now you cna find share reactor files on kazaalite which is good for download speed. The only problem I have with edonkey is downloads disappearing or being complete for ages and then failing to hash the files. B'sides that its a very good p2p program!!