1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best p2p tool nowadays for free music please ?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by _Chris_, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Mez

Mez Active member

Peerblock is made by the same persons who made Peerguardian. It was a legal thing. It came out a little before Peerguardian was shut down.

Scum is very naughty and was having fun with you.

2. _Chris_

_Chris_ Member

Thanks Mez ;-) (It's ok, I only take notice of people who are genuinely trying to help ;-)) Has anyone found a way to permanently allow BBC into PeerBlock please ? I keep right clicking on the BBC entry and allowing IP permanently, but it keeps getting blocked ? ?

Any help much appreciated.

3. Mez

Mez Active member

You need to remove it from the list but there may be more than 1 IP address for the BBC.

Scum was just trying to be humorous. I liked her a lot. She went by many names mostly varnull, she kept picking fights with the management and was banned under each name. She was actually was our P2P expert as well as expert on many topics. She would only get serious if you asked a difficult to answer question. She knew the SYSOPs running all the major torrent sites.

4. _Chris_

_Chris_ Member

I wouldn't mind more than one entry for the BBC, but they don't list them as names, just IP address's ? ?

As I say, I only take notice of the people who actually try to help me. ;-)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  5. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

ok.. you want to know the ONLY safe way to download music now we have global isp spying?

Legal (paid or promotions) or creatve commons free music..

They monitor every website you visit, and every link you click.. even on secure connection they are doing man-in-the-middle monitoring .. same with ssl connection to remote secure proxy.. they use the excuse "security" but in reality this does not protect from terrorists (who operated perfectly well before the internet thanks) but is purely a way for state to monitor population for the advantage of themselves and their big business owners..

6. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Ok if this site had a button to "like" a comment similar to those social engineering, i mean social networking, sites like farcebook I would have given a +1 already...

7. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

-double post-

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  8. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

A bit paranoid eh??

9. bankoo

bankoo Member

10. bankoo

bankoo Member

11. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

Quote - psguy -
    "They monitor every website you visit, and every link you click.. even on secure connection they are doing man-in-the-middle monitoring..."

damn they.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  12. Mez

Mez Active member

There is something far worse on the rise. They are doing to torrents as they did with simple P2P a decade before till they got too greedy. They have mercenary out fits that will 'protect' copyrighted items for you. It started with games now they are after persons that down loaded newly released movies. They continually download torrents that are for anything they are contracted to protect. They probably down load at 1 kb to prolong their acquisition mode. They log all the IP addresses of anyone that gave them data. Then sue them. They will settle out of court for a grand or 2 but that is just for one movie. Because it takes about a year to get the letter you might have a dozen more letters to deal with.