Best way to take care of a credit card screw-up

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by wdeacon, Apr 8, 2004.

1. wdeacon

wdeacon Guest

I ordered and downloaded dvd cloner2 without using the free trial(yeah,I know...stupid). Anyway, it doesn`t work properly. It copys to hd,but will not burn. I`ve emailed customer support and they are no help. They have a 30 day written money back guarantee that I am trying to hold them to. Has anyone else had a bad experience like this and had the charges revoked by the credit card company? Would the Better Business Bureau be any help in a matter like this? I can`t afford to just throw 59.99 away. Just trying to see what options I have..if any. Thanks so much.

2. Xian

Xian Regular member

Call up your bank or whoever issued the card and contest the charge. You might still have to pay the charge on the bill while it is being contested, but if you win they will credit your account. I had an ATM machine double charge me once and had to contest that charge. I got my money back the next month.

3. Shelby6t9

Shelby6t9 Member

Holy smokes, I am going through the same problems with them. I sure wish I had read some of these forums before I did that. So has contesting the charge help you get your money back. Writing support has't even given me a responds from them.

4. wdeacon

wdeacon Guest

The credit card company credited my account for the 59.00 I had to send them copies of the correspondence between myself and the dvd cloner people. I also sent along a copy of the 30 day money back guarantee. It takes a while and it is a hassle but don`t let these guys take your money. They have a guarantee and if the product doesn`t work they should refund without all of that hassle. You won`t get anywhere by emailing them, but it does show the bank that you have tried to resolve the situation. Call whoever issued your credit card and tell them that you have a charge that you want to contest. I hope you have requested the refund within 30 days and have documentation to prove it and you should not have a problem. Good Luck!!

5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

A lot of people could take that advice..... sigh :)