Big Tech Social Media May Be Dying

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Sophocles, Oct 22, 2023.

1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Good riddance! Before MySpace, Facebook, and Twitter there were countless smaller Bulletin Boards all across the net tailored to it's users individual interests and tastes. Bulletin Boards such as Afterdawn and CD Freaks allowed people to escape their everyday existences to entertain themselves anonymously in a more intimate and interest focused environment. Looking back I think many of us knew those days were falling behind us, or so it seemed, but thanks to Elon Musk's recent assumption of Twitter, the Bulletin Board Slayers may soon be feeding on themselves, and what has become old might once again become new.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2022/11/twitter-facebook-social-media-decline/672074/

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

Yup.. that's why we stick around.. BTW my social media exists on Diaspora.. none of the big ones hold any interest. #juliadream

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Until social media i never knew most humans are insane, present company excluded of coarse as only sensible people use forums

4. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

If the thought processes of an individual can be referenced against an externally determined definition of normal then the sane person need no longer be considered as such..

Yarrrr.. I see the flies !!!