Big Time ProblEM PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by jojo32, Jan 24, 2004.

1. jojo32

jojo32 Guest

I was typing a text document and there was alkot of text and I hadnt saved yet. The power went out and the computer turned off. How can I recover the text?? This may not seem like its a big problem to you guys but I am a poet and was writing a song that was working perfectly, I really need it. Im pissed

2. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya jojo32,

How come you didn't write your problem in Iambic Pentameter then ;)

Joking aside, which program were you typing the text into?
    Microsoft Word?
    Wordpad?
    Notepad?

Have you done ANYTHING to try to retrieve the document?

Have Fun...

3. jojo32

jojo32 Guest

I was using notepad, I tried look around in temp directory bu there was nothing. Good Joke though, I only write upon inspiration, and it comes rarely. I have done my best to remember but I can only get pieces.

4. drchips

drchips Active member

If it was in Notepad, then I am sorry, you have lost it - it went down a black hole....

How often does the power play up where you are?

It MAY be worth your while buying a CHEAP UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) that will keep your machine going for 15mins or so when the power goes.

They are also very good at smoothing out power that "wanders a bit".

Sorry I couldn't help further.

Byeee...

5. jojo32

jojo32 Guest

well then, yhanks for your help, I think I will invest in one of those. Power usually is just fine. It just flickered off for one second and it was back up. We got a ton of snow not too long ago and we didnt lose power at all.

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

If you know a bit of programming, it shouldnt be too hard to write up a quick Notepad-type program with automatic backups. :) Just a thought.

7. jojo32

jojo32 Guest

yeah if I knew how to program, but I dont. I think I might get one of those keylogger things on my computer.