Bit Torrent help

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Mr_Del, May 20, 2005.

1. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Ok I am pissed. Most of you know why. So the question is, has anyone found any good working places or a good alternative? Stupid greedy bastards. Increasingly more difficult to find what I want. Oh yeah, Ive been using BitTornado. Any better clients?

Thanks
    -Del

2. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

Sorry you're having a tough go Del.

I can answer your last question though, I use Bitlord. Excellent rigged little client.

Weycraze

3. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

I just installed this Bitlord thing. Looks interesting but with 2 problems.

Problem 1. When I hit go for a search it gives me an error (Runtime error on line 111 Error: Object expected). In debug that line is looking at 2torrents.com. When I leave the Debug without changing anything the results come up anyway.

Problem 2. It seems that this client will only use 2 torrents for a search unless you know of a better one. Well turns out 2 torrents does not have the ones I am looking for (series). Damn greedy bastards makeing life hard on us. I used to have a few sites just right for my wants and now they have died.

One more thing that isnt really much of a problem is that 2torrents want money. Really not much of it. Since you have more knowledge on Bitlord what is a better way to configure it?

-Del

4. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

Don't even waste your time with Bitlord's search that's just a bunch of crap.

I like to Google torrent search engines and sites. Yes, some sites require registration. www.torrentspy.com is an ok starting place

As far as configuration goes, google a speed test site and determine your max up/down speeds in kb/s, not Kb/s.

These two numbers you will put under preferences Global MAX up/down speed.( this is critical )

Here's the great feature about Bitlord, you can adjust the specific upload speed of a torrent, which affects download speed.

eg, open a torrent and start it, right click it and under properties, advanced, enable task specific settings, here you can adjust the max/min upload speed of that specific torrent. It will override your Global Connection Settings in Preferences.

The advantages of this are:

1 . you can play with these speeds to maximize your download speed
    2. you can control your share ratio to bring it closer to 1

Keep in mind torrents usually start off slow until you can get enough pieces of the file to be able to upload.

Bitlord's torrent engine is fast and efficient.

It is generally considered rule of thumb that the more seeders the faster the download, this is true to some extent. However, if there are no peers in the swarm, how can you get faster download speeds?

The bigger the 'swarm' of peers and seeds upping will result in faster download speeds.

Hope this gives a little more insight.

By the way I've tried them all (clients) and Azureus would be my other choice.

5. bigdave76

bigdave76 Member

hi i ve been using warez wich has been pretty good so far havent had any problems with or is the anything that is better

6. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

@ bigdave76

I tend to stay away from Warez and Ares only because you really have no idea most of the time as to exactly what you are downloading. For some some reason people see humor in renaming files in their shared folders.

With torrents a tracking sites check the torrent for the most part.
    I have yet to download a torrent and get something different than what I thought I was getting.

With Mirc you get the file your reading. I've yet been proved personally otherwise.

Lastly, the client one chooses will often be based on the files they choose to download.

Weycraze

7. bigdave76

bigdave76 Member

thanks for the info so far everything ive downloaded has been exactly what i wanted seen some new good movies in damn good quality i dont know if they will let me say the name of the movie wich hasnt been released on the theaters i might be banned lol or removed topic ill go ahead and say the name of it mind hunters so mirc is alot better is it easy to use thanks

8. bigdave76

bigdave76 Member

ok and is this what i need to download mirc v6.16

9. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

One of the sites I like to use came back up. I have decided to use Azureus. Things seem to be a bit faster in there. Now I need to adjust setting so it does not use all my bandwidth. Im on ADSL 3Gig/375K.

I have used the MIRC methood in the past. I dont like it. you always get stuck in outragious cue line. Then whentthe d/l starts I might as well, in most cases, be on dial up. Warez are bad. Nothing like waiting a few hours for you file to finish only to discover it is something else.

Please list some torrent sites, that work, with series.

Thanks
    -Del

10. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

Hey Mr_Del

Here is a good torrent site searcher:

www.orbdesign.net

Also you can check out www.TorrentSpy.com, www.IsoHunt.com

I also like www.piratebay.com, but you may want to brush up on your german!!

Last case scenario, google your torrent:

eg Google " Nero Torrent", and you see sites pop-up (I just checked and IsoHunt was in there in the top 5.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot,lol, Bitlotd keeps track of the total amount I've downloaded, 220 GB since last December!!!!!

I think I have a problem!!

Good luck

Weycraze

Last edited: May 22, 2005