1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit Torrents

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by chris87, Jul 15, 2003.

1. adj137

adj137 Guest

thanx ill try it today

2. wah28

wah28 Member

Any good tv torrent webpages off the top of ur mind...so many posts to go through all of them...or any top 5 sites u suggest

3. kaledrr

kaledrr Member

most of the ISP who have dsl are behind a router, you should acces while you are online when I used to have dsl from verizon I put this in the address 192.168.1.1
    it took me to my isp and I conf. it and open the bittorrent port 6881-6991 and the speed went up like carzzy dude

4. mars2004

mars2004 Member

Hi,

I've been trying to open 192.168.1.1 and it doesn't take me to the isp so i can open the ports. My Azures has the max of 10kb downloading and up of 15-40.. I am using verizon DSL on a westell 2100 wirespeed. Thanx in advance

5. king1199

king1199 Member

try: 192.168.2.1

6. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

or 192.168.0.1

7. cmsurfer

cmsurfer Member

mars2004 -

I did not read the every post, but it seems that you are trying to open your router config page to forward ports for BitTorrent?

What kind of router do you have? That will depend on what address you need to go to. I know for a fact that Linksys routers have a default IP address of 192.168.1.1. I am not sure with other brands.

8. dominator

dominator Regular member

Could anybody explain how could i change my ports? but explain it in a very very dummie way. Cuz i read everything (!), tried everything and cant figure out anything!! All that i could find was my IP. I am in europe, my internet speed is 512, i use experimental torrent, i download stuff from suprnova, my top speed of downloading that i saw is 43kb/s. Pleeeaase help! The person who will help me increae my speed atleast to 100kb/s (if its possible) then i´ll have his name as my wallpaper for a week i swear! Pleeeaaase! ! !

9. xasert

xasert Member

WHAT ABOUT MAKE MORE SECURE THE DOWNLOADING WITH BITTORRENT?I MEAN IS IT POSSIBLE make the connection going through a proxy(invisible 1)???Got bittornado do i have to set something to do this?

10. DellBoy89

DellBoy89 Member

Hello im new here, can any 1 tell me where i might go to download files like music albums and games please.

11. MrRod

MrRod Regular member

Why not use Emule instaead of BT?.....go to pleasuredome101.com, i use Emule and dl at 159kB/s.

12. leatherfa

leatherfa Guest

i just wanted to know what exactly is torrent and where do i get movies i downloaded a program called azerus and jave but what do i do with it and where can i go to get movies i just want to watch them on my computer not burn them can someone help me?

13. MrRod

MrRod Regular member

to find torents, you can do a goole search and come up with tonnes of torent sites, with azerus i believe you download a file from the torent site your using and add it to azerus which in turn will download the chosen film, something like that.

14. BringItOn

BringItOn Member

hi...iv been using torrents...downloading from suprnova.

now i just finished downloading a huge file, & after all that its given me a '.cue' (few kb) & a .bin (6-700 mb) file after unzipping, which i donno what to do with. & then i saw this at another site too, where i wanted to download a movie from, & the movie file was in the same 2 formats.

it'll be grt help if anyone knows anything abt this...its PISSING off when u download a 1.5gb file & it cant be used!

thanks..

15. tampaman

tampaman Guest

Ok everyone Bittorrent is a p2p file sharing program. Now you ask what a torrent is? A torrent is a file formate. The torrent does not hold the program or movie or what you want in it. it has the hash link or url and tracker info so that if you download the torrent you can find the file again. Now you are how to open a cue and bin file? Download WinISO and it will take the program out of the bin file. The cue is use for other program to help open the bin file. Now you need torrent sites. Here are the top torrent site out there.

Suprnova.org (not .com or .net)
    bitme.org
    filelist.org

If you do not like the site just do a google search for "torrent"

16. BringItOn

BringItOn Member

ok i found the answer to my problem...found it on one of the previous pages. & id just like to thank the person who posted the same problem as me earlier :) & i am GREATLY indebted to the guy who solved the prob...of using VLC to play .bin files....THANK YOU MAN! (sorry i cant r'mber ur name).

but this has been great...really useful & informative forum..this is my 3rd problem iv got solved from here.

thank u all :)
    bring it on!

17. kgkev

kgkev Member

Just an observation

You have this sticky here so that people don't ask the same questions!

And if people do ask a question that is already answered in a sticky you will just point them in the correct direction.

Fair enough and seems like good forum organisation

However I clicked on this topic to find out a source for BT Trackers - I went through the first 10 or so posts clicking all the early ones and then a random selection of the huge list that was there. None worked!!

But these posts are over 12 months old - and are no help to anyone. The first posts could be editted with correct and working URL's so people wouldn't need to ask the same question - And if you expect people to read 15 pages of posts you have to be joking

I would suggest having a pinned and closed topic with USEFUL links that is updated regualaly; and unpinning this topic as if all the questions asked and answered on this post had been answered individually it would make the search far more useful. Maybe someone could create and pin an FAQ - Then you wouldn't have to complain at newbs for wasting time asking the same questions!!

18. meggyloo

meggyloo Member

try out www.phoenix-torrents.com its one of the first and best with over 1million members and lots of exclusive torrents

19. tragt

tragt Member

I'm sorry if i ask a question you have already heard, but i cant find the answer to it and i have been looking for many hours.

I have a 2mbit connection and i am behind a router. I have forwarded the ports 6881-6889 to my router IP address.

I also use win-xp, sp2, firewall "off" and Norton, which i havent configered.

I use Azereus and have downloadet some files. But I have 2 major problems.

1) It is quiet slow. When i get files from suprnova they normally d/l with about 5-10 kb/s and upload 20
    2) The program java uses two much cpu (90% sometimes)

How the h... can i get faster d/l-speed? Is it windows or norton that does it? Or a firewall in the router? The problem exist for many P2P-programs.

PS: When i d/l a normal file from internet i have 200 kb/sec.

Thanks!

20. 5quare

5quare Member

i have basically the same set-up as you, except for having norton.

1. you might try limiting your upload to maybe 10Kb.
    2. how many seeds/peers does the torrent have that you're downloading from? if there are very few then you'll get shit speeds.
    3. how is your torrents health? is it green, yellow or blue? unless it's green you're probably not going to get good speeds. if it's yellow that means that you're having trouble connection to peers and your ports might not be open.

i don't know if this has been covered or not but my roommate and i had a big problem with only 1 of us being able to get green health. this is because only 1 computer could have the ports forwarded.

if you go into your router forward 6881-6889 for one computer and 6890-6899 for another. and then set your BT client to use those ports. i believe BT can use 6881-6999.

if you go here: https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2
    you can type in your port range and then click 'custom port probe' and it will check to see if your ports are open.

oh and for the CPU issue it is true that azeurus uses a lot of CPU. you should switch clients. i reccommend ABC (another bittorrent client). low usuage and same interface but with less features.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2004