1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit Torrents

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by chris87, Jul 15, 2003.

1. supermen

supermen Regular member

thx il search for vhs

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  2. mhl1959

mhl1959 Guest

I paid for uTorrent before I found out that Bittorrent is free. Anyway, I have continued to use uTorrent because the screen seems more user friendly thatn Bittorrent. Initially, I was able to just click on "open" when I found the file, then after I installed Bittorrent (and subsequently uninstalled it), I have not been able to open the files anymore. The only method that worked was dragging the files to the folder. Any ideas ?

Second question...what is the BEST site for finding movie titles ? Mininova seems good, but Bittorrent seems limited. Any suggestions as to the website most people are using that has the largeest number and best selection of files ?

Thanks to all.

3. FSnake

FSnake Guest

Bittorent 4 eva
    BT is da best!!!!!!!
    genuine files no scams
    there is this very rliable torrent site called mininova http://www.mininova.org
    oh and does any1 kno when the pirate bay will be FULLY functional again.

4. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

www.TorrentLeech.org

The latest releases, download at your maximum.

-Mike

5. danaw

danaw Member

6. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Danaw, the reason you have to register is because it's quite a closed community. And it protects the uploaders whilst making sure there are very few LEECHERS who leech all the files and don't contribute to the site by seeding.

-Mike

7. Skitzy

Skitzy Regular member

love this thread

8. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

It's great isn't it?

-Mike

9. lifelike

lifelike Member

how do i get an invite to torrentleech?

10. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

i havent read all the posts so apolagies if i repeating anything.
    i know many torrent sites but the bests have to be http://www.Mininova.org and http://www.ThePirateBay.org
    oh and if there is a torrent site you are nor sure about look it up on http://www.wikipedia.org

to lars667 i kno your suspended but, if you are reading this, the reason why you cant get torrents from suprnova is because it is now defuncted and has changed to mininova as far as my knowledge goes.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2006
  11. dvdking10

dvdking10 Guest

theoipod

"I've got a small problem i downloaded "NEED FOR SPEED" and it tells me to "extract and mount" .Well I found A software called "POWERISO" but I have to pay to extract and mount files over 300 mb.

Anybody know A free program that can do this task?"

well you dont have to get the poweriso its the same as a isobuster so if you have a bit torrent which im sure you do then you can just search that at. 2torrents.com and you wouldnt have to pay just search youll see......

12. dvdmutant

dvdmutant Guest

13. sisco9

sisco9 Member

Also you guys could check out

http://ElbitZ.org

Its an e-learning tracker. Was invite only till recently and is now open for registrations.

14. monttu

monttu Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2006
  15. dentsch

dentsch Member

Hi there! This is my first post on the site. I've been browsing for a few days and have found it very useful for a variety of things!!

Anyway, I'm a new user to torrent downloading (haven't downloaded anything yet!) I'm using BitComet and was reading the guide that's on this site, and it said to limit the upload at 90% of the overall upload speed in the preferences, and there is a warning in BitComet for DSL users (of which I am) to limit their upload rate under their line capacity, which I'm assuming means the same thing as the guide suggested. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to find out what my maximum capacity for uploads is. If someone out here does know how to discover this, I would be very grateful. If I keep it at maximum it apparently really slows down my download speed, but I don't want to play with it and have it set too low, so other users can't upload well from me. I'm using XP Pro, don't know if the OS makes a difference in finding out or not, but just in case!

Thanks!

16. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Soory double post.
    It was the Internets fault.
    <<<<< SEE NEXT POST >>>>>>>>

Again my apologies.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2006
  17. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

@ dentsch

I would recommend Utorrent instead.
    (as your bit-torrent client.)
    very small but a BIG powerhouse.
    Http://www.utorrent.com
    As far as to test your internet speed,
    Goto any of the many online sppedtest applications,
    And test your speed,
    (Utrrent offers this built into the program itself.)
    It will read diagnose and apply the setting for you.
    Much easier gfor a 'new' user.
    Good luck and welcome to the forums.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2006
  18. dentsch

dentsch Member

Thanks so much. Sorry, I should have searched on the net for something like that before posting. I don't want to be an annoying newbie! :)

19. Skitzy

Skitzy Regular member

Just wanted to comment.... if you do go and get utorrent, please seed.. even if its just for an hour or so... you will find most things w/ ease.. and most things will be fast as hell... but I have found a couple things here and there that people could be a lil more seed friendly with... thats all

but yes, utorrent is the best I've had so far, but I've never been invited to a private torrent either... which is funny because I have terabytes of stuff on DVD.. (I buy a 50 pack a week) I like to collect things I guess, but I don't yet know how to add my own stuff for sharing to utorrent because I've only been using it a week or so and have yet to try.... maybe I'll look into that today... wouldn't imagine it being that hard.

20. freesmoke

freesmoke Member