1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit Torrents

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by chris87, Jul 15, 2003.

1. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

Ive tried BT well the burst! RC 5 client of BT and I gotta say BT is too much trouble to be bothered with.. Already had RCN ( my cableprovider send me letters complaining why I am using so much upstream bandwidth thanks to BT).. Ohh and cant forget the fact that BT torrent trackers / sites disappear day in day out.. a site will vanish out of the blue once the provider figures out what exactly said site is hosting.. Kinda really irrating when ya save a torrent for later use then BOOM it doesnt work at all..

Climbs down off bitch moan and rant stand now

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

In your opinion! and what is better than it? kazaa?? ye right!

3. jafar00

jafar00 Member

Kazaa sux. Especially that they don't do a linux version! Anyway, before BT I was using Edonkey and that was pretty good :)

4. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

why is BT too much trouble to be bothered with? For one thing, torrent files are being served by seeders which there are usually a handful of seeders vs the hundreds of leechers downloading from those seeders.. downloads slow down to a crawl and if more then one seeder goes offline, torrent download comes almost to a standstill. Secondly, torrent sites get kicked offline weekly.. page exceeeds its daily/weekly/monthly bandwidth usage thus site goes offline or site gets shutdown for violating their hosts terms of service.
    and I never said kazaa was better.. I simply said BT/burst was too much trouble.. and what is better then BT? IRC, FTP, Newsgroups, FXP

5. chaddd

chaddd Guest

hey, i dont know if this has been asked, before, but its hard to find, i downloaded a game off of bit torrent and i have no idea what to do, if you could help me, posting on here would be great or you could email me at << no emails please ... its for your own good really.... anyone who wishes to have a private chat with you can simply send you a PM. -Praetor >>

thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2003
  6. goulou69

goulou69 Member

My 1st post!
    I tottaly agree with SadJocker. I read the entire thread and all i found was trouble with bandwidth usage.
    Can someone tell me in wich way BT is better than DC++ (direct connect)?!? Kazza is no longer good too, and DC keeps growing bigger.. I like it a lot.

Now i gotta say more: i read 3 entire threads (this one, how to burn bin files, and other about bin files as well (think it was "what is a bin file") and there is ALWAYS a smart a*s*s talking about the illegal stuff he got and how good he is. How stupid can that be, as someone said, nobody gives a damn about it!!! Sorry I'm not american and i really laught of that constant challenging attitude, resembling Bowling for Columbine: KILL THEM ALL!! I can give another good example:when i play spades at the yahoo games site, there it is, the little smartass looking for a stupid reason to start a net war... All this because nearly 60% of the posts on one of the "bin files" article was centered on war between smartasses and moderators! "Me myself" find it preety amusing but i understand if someone says: what the hell, i flew here to have a problem solved and all i got was anger-management-needed people.

My veredict: thumbs up to moderators / to all the perturbed people:try to set your hair on fire, it's funnier believe, at least to me.

Sry about the english

7. goulou69

goulou69 Member

Last edited: Oct 20, 2003
  8. Stealth

Stealth Member

Direct Connect is ok,but it's slow as a snail.
    If it had Kazaa's or Bittorrents speed and sharing techniques then it would be best.
    But some users leave and you never finish a dl.
    Even though I have look for alternate dl locations selected.

9. goulou69

goulou69 Member

well i think u should try DC++ version (if u didn't already) and take the best of the "find altenate users", u'll see it is very efficient, and u can always looks for faster users. I guess my mean is about 20-30kB/s. The really trick is to learn all the tricks, cause the best functions are not so obvious as in other p2p's. Multi-hub in dc++ is awsome, u can have access to let's say 300TB of files AT ONCE! all there 4 u...
    cheers

10. RWC1ST

RWC1ST Guest

11. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

perfect example of as I was saying how BT sites go down like the rise and fall of the tides.. Cause http://www.bytemonsoon.com/
    offline as usual and http://RoadWarrior.no-ip.com/ just skips around to a redirect page that does absolutely nothing.

12. Stealth

Stealth Member

I use oDC++,which is a mod of DC++.
    I've used DC++ also.
    I still don't like it as much as Bittorrent.

13. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Excuse me?

14. Sageman

Sageman Guest

Bit Torrent is excellent. I have had various speeds up to around 100 (Cable 1mb user). Everyone would like to dload without uloading but that would get us nowhere.

Sageman

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2003
  15. shaven

shaven Member

i have used odc 5.021 get 130kbs depending on who i connect to.kazaa++ speeds upto 140kbs depending on amount of users.bt speeds 70 after a while.emule 12 tops and i have high id...very poor am i doing somthing wrong.

16. Stealth

Stealth Member

I use Overnet and get up to 150kbs.

17. pawnstar

pawnstar Guest

Hi, ive been usoing bit torrent for a few weeks, but i dont know how to resume downloads, i live in spain and am consistantly losing powwer,,,, how do i resume them????

Please email: << No emails please, it's for your own good. That's what private messages are for. -Praetor >>

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2003
  18. freqylinx

freqylinx Guest

SHAREAZA DOWNLOADS BT FILES RIDICULOUSLY FAST!! I'VE HAD DL'S GOING AS FAST AS 1.8 MB/S!!

19. byte_me

byte_me Member

fyi....shareaza is still beta and it does appear as though you are getting wicked speeds like 1.8MB/S but it is actually a winsock bug.
    you do get very good speeds in shareaza but the program is a cpu hog and i have am app that monitors my bandwith and it was saying 160kb/s while shareaza was reading 1.5MP/S

20. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

pawnstar:
    To resume, just double click on the torrent file and download it to the same location. BT takes care of the rest! (you did keep the torrent file right?)