1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BitLord very good torrent program

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by L-Burna, Dec 2, 2004.

1. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Well whatever,I was using GUI as automatic,but it could be considered the same thing since it is referring to opening up in Windows automatically.I know why BitComet didn't work for me and it was my internet connection it wasn't compatible with it,that is why I switched.

I wasn't blocked out I had my firewall turned off of my router,opened the right ports.The program would just freeze and wouldn't do anything.

2. XH42

XH42 Member

So then could anyone tell me why the heck do those 2 program have the [bold]exactly same[/bold] version out at the SAME time? (they are both at 0.56 right now). Tell me that is not luck.

3. beaker04

beaker04 Member

Well I just downloaded bitlord and sure it's an okay program, but the spyware and adware in there is unreal LOL. They also change some entry in your hosts file so that if your homepage was auto.msn whatever the default page is then it takes you to their site since the host file checks there for an address first.
    So take your chances with it since it is really bitcomet revamped a little to be "completely" different :) I know L-Burna seems very eager to use the program and I am not saying it's bad....I am just saying beware. If you know a little about computers you will notice the adware and the hots file change, but if you're fine with that then by all means use away.
    First posts are a b***ch

4. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

Well, I just gotta add my two cents. I have every BT client out there, and tried them all too.

With my set-up, 10Mbps cable connection, no router,
    Bitlord has given me the best D/L speeds.

And yes, I took the time to download a 50mb file with a high number of seeds, using each client to compare,
    Bitlord won hands down!

Gotta admit though, I'm no programmer by any means, but doesn't Bitlord look just like Bit Comet?

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah I agree Weycraze the program looks like BitComet by the interface.I do think that there are some touch ups on this program though.I got the same results Weycraze compared them both and got better speeds off BitLord.I am not saying either program is bad,but just saying there are some touch ups with BitLord that are not mentioned.It never really made sense to me why someone would build the same program.

6. XH42

XH42 Member

Too bad for Bitlord Search program it's virtually useless consider the fact that most sources that they are getting, weel those websites probably got shut down pretty good. So don't even bother to use the search. And as I mention it before, Bitlord and Bitcomet are on the same version right now (v0.56). So there has to be some kind of connection between those two clients, ain't luck.

7. easyway

easyway Guest

I've been reading the posts with interest.

I was using Azureus but if BitLord is so bad, why is it the preferred client for LokiTorrent?

It seems good to me so far.

8. drewsy68

drewsy68 Member

After reading all the reviews on this thread, I registered with Youceff.

And still don't have a f**king clue how to search for and download ANY files !

As you've probaly guessed, I am new to this torrent stuff and am having great difficulty trying to understand it all.

Can anyone talk me through it in laymans terms please ?

drewsy68@hotmail.com

9. ag22

ag22 Regular member

What are normal Bitlord dl speeds? I am downloading an 800MB file and I am getting sppeds between 6kbps and 33 kbps. I think its becuz Im not sharing, buit I cant figure out how to. Does someone have a BitLord tutprial.

10. jonny17

jonny17 Member

hey i accidently deleated a file i downloaded and i cant find were it is located im woundering if it permently deleates them or im just a noob lol, im new to bitlord so any answers would be appreciated. chers : )

11. bm_deluxe

bm_deluxe Guest

Yeha well i just downloaded BitLord today, and it is now version 1.1. I think it is really good, who cares about serch function. BL gives me good speeds really quick!!!

12. vitalJ4S

vitalJ4S Member

haha.i'm new here.who give a dam,haha.but isnt bitlord core powered by bitcomet.well i don know wat it means..haha.

13. kilrdwarf

kilrdwarf Guest

I also am new to this bit torrent thing, I wanted to try using some of the other programs that everyone was talking about but I felt to dumb when I was reading about how you had to do so many settings. Then I came across this Bitlord and thought it looked and sounded fairly simple. I do not have any other experience with other torrent programs so I can not tell if I am getting good speed on downloads or not. Movies seem to take in the neighboorhod of 12 to 16 hours for a 1 to 2 gib file. Is this Good or am I need ing to tweek something in my computer. I read that dsl users have had to adjust there up load and download speeds and I did that. It seemed to work better as far as how many dl's I could do. Speeking for a newb, I love this program, I like the torrent search feature. I found some great files and did not have to sort through any garbage to find what I wanted.

I would love to see someone who has alot of experience with this program, write a guide for the newbies like me. Thanks for letting me give my two cents.