1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blades of glory

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by lissarive, Aug 18, 2007.

1. mgaudet

mgaudet Guest

Hey..Thanks to iluvendo....Usually use Any DVD and Clone DVD but wouldn't do Blades of Glory....Used DVDFab to put on harddrive at full size with no problems..used DVD Shrink to shrink it ...used DVD clone to burn it..worked great..I put this on another thread.... hope it helps here too...

2. agentsoul

agentsoul Member

{{DANGER,DANGER}} All these so-called helpers are bogus. Believe me those of you that are really seeking help. You won't find it here. All these tips are bogus. Someones system is going to get wrecked by taking one of these tips, so my only advice would be to look elsewhere for the solution. The answer is out there. {{{Don't DL any software from the links}}} provided by these people. Where I come from, we call it, "The Great Set-up". Proceed with caution. Please don't kill the messenger.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i'll bet the Universe is going to end tonight too. ..Whilst I can't vouch for the coming of Armageddon i do know that DVDFab most certainly does work for this movie.

4. MrMeaty

MrMeaty Guest

vobblanker then dvdfabplatnium works great.

end of the world??? oh my lions tigers and bears

5. daphine70

daphine70 Member

Thanks for all your help ripit4me is awesome!!!!

6. MarsLife

MarsLife Member

Oh my stars!! {{Danger, danger!}} Everybody hurry...stop reading this thread and power down your computers!

This made my otherwise mundane morning, Agentsoul.

Back to the topic at hand. RipIt4Me works great. Remove the < and > symbols in the movie title and use One Click Mode. It ripped a perfect copy of Blades Of Glory with the menus and extras. Looked just like the original during playback.

7. yunkdog

yunkdog Guest

After my 3rd try I think Ive finally got it right. Not sure what I did different the 3rd but the copy is working fine. I used dvdfabhdd and dvdshrink and then IMGBURN. I did notice that on the first 2 copies that the MTV ad at the beginning of the movie isnt there. Hot sure what that means though.

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@aintgotnosoul

Creaky must have been in a good mood, I'd have banned you for a week for those comments. Glad you haven't got it to work yet- not the movie, you smacktard, your head.

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

@ agentsoul,
    It doesn't appear you've made many friends, but I guess you have seen the "lay of the land". While a lot of things, most of our good members and mods don't lie to others about tech issues. The link I tried for RI4M was a reputable download site. I've never caught anything downloading from there. As for DVDIdle with the DVDFab HD Decrypter, they're the makers of DVDFab Platinum (retail). It would hurt their sales by messing with prospective customers.

Blades of Glory is no big deal. The studio simply added the symbols <> to throw off the recording software. As you were told, RI4M works as does the updated DVDFab HD Decrypter. Normally slysoft with AnyDVD keeps up to date. They seem to be dragging their feet this time. Getting a cleaned rip that is structurally correct is the key to doing a backup. Do that and most any transcoding program can handle the task. Most of this is old hat to Creaky and others who have been here a while. What's amazing is how so many people can get flustered at the release of a simple copy protection. So far most of the problems have been solved before release or soon after.

I'll have to agree with Garmoon. You saw Creaky's softer side. Calling mods and respected members liars (or worse) is a good way to gain the animosity of the membership and trouble from the mod staff.

10. kenneth1

kenneth1 Regular member

Movie was a piece of cake to do, I just hit the reauthor button in shrink and did just movie, no problem, had friends that had problems told them to do it this way and it worked for them to, took me about 10 minutes to do the movie, watched it and it came out just fine

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  11. Slash215

Slash215 Member

I am also having a problem burning Blades of Glory iso. I backed the iso in my hard drive using DVD FAB Decrypter Platinum. The DVD FAb Program recognizes the iso as BLADES_OF_GLORY_16X9.When I went to re-author the iso with dvd shrink it work fined then burned with dvd decrypted. BUT when I played the the dvd the movie will have errors (mostly pausing and playing again continually threw out the movie). Then I tried a second time buring the whole movie same thing happened so I am pretty it isn't the type of dvd-r I am using. When I viewed the ISO using DVD shrink it will sometimes pause and the sound will be fadeing in and out too. I am not sure if the dvd I backed up has any Defects or I save it to my hard drive wrong.

can anyone help a brother out? (or try)

P.s I had to return the dvd back to my friend I only got the iso saved to my hard drive.

please send me a detailed way to fix this problem.

12. FredBun

FredBun Active member

I remember when saw3 came out, anydvd would'nt take either, it took about a week for anydvd with an update, I'm sure they will square it away sooner or later.

13. DakotaFan

DakotaFan Regular member

So you didn't actually BUY the DVD? Your friend let you borrow it? That's as bad as renting and burning. Discussion like that is not tolerated here. I'm not being rude or anything, but for future reference, I would watch how I made my comments around here if I were you.

edit by creaky- let's leave the moderating to me, thanks

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  14. bug31

bug31 Member

I've tried everything and the only thing that worked very well for me is with Shrink.. Just re author and go find title 1 directly on the DVD and there it is... you can back up the movie!

Thank you to everyone, I've made it because of you all!

15. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

That copy I mentioned had problems during playback. I don't know why but it did. It would load correctly but when I went to play the movie, the screen would go black as the DVD tried to load the main title set.

With that said, I next tried RI4M and it worked. Interestingly enough, those two bogus titles were still listed in VOBB (whereas in the aforementioned method, they weren't there), but didn't have any affect on the size of the DVD.

This disc played back without any problems.

16. creaky

- ..indeed, most weeks here at AD we have a movie or two that seem to be impossible for loads of people, yet us same regulars recommend the same old tools and have the same results as always, perfectly good backups with no glitches. At worst some people need the very latest update for <insert program name here> and all's well.

- a softer side, i'll have to let that loose more often hehe; that was agentsoul's first post here and his/her post was so daft it deserved to be scorned :)

edit- Mr_Pink - 'fraid your sig is now too big..

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  17. ireland

ireland Active member

link to program for a 3-day trial
    http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/536297

A REPOST FROM MY POST OF A CLOSED THREAD

using DVD neXt COPY
    Charlie

Blades Of Glory
    This title can be done with or without the machinist. However you need to edit the title when you click new. I will post 2 screens on this and label them accordingly. DVD neXt COPY XPress will not do this title right now unless you can edit the title as I show here. All you have to do by looking at the screen shots is remove the < > around the title.

Normal default title ( won't work )

[​IMG]

Edited title that will allow you to back this title up.

[​IMG]

this can also do the above movie

DVDFab products 3.1.7.6 is out (Aug 28, 2007):

DVDFab Platinum/Gold 3.1.7.6:
    http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm

Free,DVDFab HD Decrypter 3.1.7.6:
    http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm
    http://dvdidle.com/download/FreeDVD.exe

note to creaky,this is not just a shrink problem...one of the other threads you closed should be left open.

18. creaky

indeed it isn't just a Shrink problem, however we don't need loads of different threads for each allegedly troublesome movie, this thread contains solutions other than just Shrink-based, and your repost here is welcomed

19. ireland

ireland Active member

its your call,if this is not resolved soon more threads will be opened for that movie. .in one of the boards that ye closed those posts.
    and most newbes will not look in the shrink board for help on that movie.
    all i was trying to do is keep that from happening..
    cheers

20. res2cue

res2cue Guest

Its' been quite some time since there was a movie that gave a good fight...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2007