1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blades of glory

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by lissarive, Aug 18, 2007.

1. goldyclk

goldyclk Member

I would just like to thank everyone including the mods for their help.
    This is a great forum.
    Goldy

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

ireland, any noobs that come along (and find a closed thread by me) will see a link to a.n.other thread at the bottom, so no-one loses out. Anyone that can't follow a link (or God forbid, that can't use the forum search or a google-type search) is beyond help :)

I don't always close ALL duplicate threads where movies are concerned, but i try my best to curb as many as i can. Too many threads on the same subject categorically don't help the very people who need the help the most - the noobs.. (no offence to noobs, we're ALL noobs at something or other).

edited for spelling

edited again- case in point, just noticed we have someone who's joined from a closed Blades thread, welcome goldyclk, enjoy :)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  3. AlBundy

AlBundy Regular member

I know this isn't about the movie question but....doesn't it bother some people to have these forums load with threads like this. All about some movie people have a hard time backing-up. It starts with some movie and next thing you know theres three or four threads about it. I haven't been here as long as some of you but I first case in point was Saw 3. This movie will get done it time. Just give it sometime. Sorry to go on like this but I just fell bad for people like creaky and aabbccdd. Thank you everyone for your time in reading this.

The Shoe Man....

4. res2cue

res2cue Guest

should have to prove your proficiency in using the search button as a prerequisite of becoming a member I guess.

5. creaky

re AlBundy's post - indeed, some movies were clogging up the forums, maybe it was Saw 3 that was the worst for thread overload, can't remember exactly; there were what seemed like 100s of the darn threads, it was like herding sheep, as soon as i closed some, a load more kept appearing.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  6. AlBundy

AlBundy Regular member

I agree with you creaky. Doesn't it just want you pull your hair out (or in my case its already coming out)?

7. bmf32590

bmf32590 Member

I would just like to add..that I have been working on this all night and did <> thing and it finally worked...

Just thought everyone who offers advise might mention to the person they are trying to help they need to update all current software they are trying to use to make there copies.

I would have probably solved it alot sooner if someone would have mentioned it...

I used latest version of Rip it 4 me...shrink....Nero...

Like a champ!!!

8. MarsLife

MarsLife Member

Sorry I'm off the topic but I don't understand the rant of one poster about bad advise given by AD members. AD is the first place I go when I need an answer to any software, digital dvd, or general computer related question. I can say that I've satisfactorily solved 100% of the issues I was having by reading other members and posters suggestions. vader501's suggestion to remove the < and > symbols in the title worked like a charm. AD is the best!

re:Creaky,
    be assured that I use both Google and forum searches. =]

9. wyntre

wyntre Guest

Just to add my experience. DVDFAB HD update 3174 did not do the trick for me. While it did sucessfully "complete" the rip, when burned the movie is trash.

I got the same DVD5 set of fiels as previously mentioned in this post. Previews and bonus etc all play fine. Movie however basically skips every other 2 minutes of the movie - essentially 1/2 of the film is toast. Obviously the other set of VOBs (#8 I believe) are indeed needed.

This was a full disk backup, not just the main movie. Can anyone confirm that they did a full disk backup using DVDFAB HD update 3174 (and DVDFAB alone) and that the movie actually plays correctly?

If not, does 3176 actually work?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2007
  10. jookycola

jookycola Regular member

Multipule posting of the same subject is bad. But i think the worst is when someone has an issue backing up a dvd and it seems like every other person replying isn't really a member helping but a person that is purposely advertising a product. DVD Fab HD & Premium were thrown about in what sounded more like generalized ads in the first few pages. It sounded more like they wanted you to pay for their product and it will solve all your problems rather than actual members that had real solutions. that's my only pet peeve on the forums.

Potentailly fake members put in place to "suggestive" spam. It's annoying when you really need help.

11. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yeah it would be much less confusing keeping the hard to backup movies to one thread. this title directly was targeted at slysoft so I'm not going to give them a hard time for not coming out with an update right away. the next hard to do title could be targeted at dvd fab decrypter who no's. but in the end we found a couple methods to back this one up. i used anydvd + nero recode 2 doing the movie only and no problems, ripit4me works also

12. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

so yes it can be done

13. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

jookycola
    DVDFab HD Decrypter is freeware. It's the same decryption software included in the retail Platinum program. It's not uncommon to suggest freeware. It's an enticement by DVDIdle to promote their program, but they don't make you buy.

wyntre
    For you and others who have problems with files ripped by DVDFab HD Decrypter, try FixVTS to see if file compliance is the issue. I've encountered that in the past. For those not familiar, RI4M incorporates FixVTS in the programming.

bmf32590
    It's no mystery software should be updated, especially for current problems. That goes for programs other than doing video backups. The reason it isn't mentioned much is that most people consider updating software as routine maintenance.

With programs like Shrink, DVD Decrypter, and RipIt4Me, it's a matter of getting the last versions. Those programs are no longer supported. The free DVDFab HD Decrypter gets updates for current problems along with DVDIdle's retail offerings. Slysoft's programs are routinely updated as well. Normally with Slysoft, AnyDVD calls home for updates unless the option is unchecked.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  14. creaky

Pacman777's already addressed this in his reply, i'll just say similar. I personally swear by DVDFab HD freebie version. Normally this would make be feel bad for not buying a full product but because the authors don't forcefeed you advertising or time-limit the software, etc etc, i'm happy to use their excellent freeware, and as i use it myself i recommend it at every turn. The authors must never sleep as lately are churning out updates every few days.
    Advertising on the forums is a big no-no and we keep very beady eyes on it; AnyDVD (after the 21day trial) is a paid-for product however it's recommendation is fine, if someone steps over the line into spam territory with any products they get a slap with a wet fish, or banned if it's obviously out-and-out spam.

we're always keeping an eye on stuff like this, it's easy to spot in the main DVD forums but with the more obscure file conversion utilities it's a bit harder to differentiate spam from real programs/real members sometimes. We always weed the little pointless people out in the end.

wyntre - in addition to Pacman's help, while i can't personally vouch for DVDFab 3.1.7.4 and above working for full disc backup of Blades of Glory, the answers are throughout the thread. I'm Region 2 PAL anyway, the only Full Disc problems i've read about were for Region 1 of the movie.
    I'm a movie-mode-only chap myself, couldn't care a kipper about menu's or 'extras' and i believe that's another reason for never having copy problems, ie i think the protections are more tricky for people who like to do full disc backups..

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  15. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@Creaky,
    I was able to do a full back up with DVDFab freebie and burned using CloneDVD2, was also able to do a full back up using Ripit4Me using Ireland's method of removing the hash marks from around the title, example change <blades of glory> to Blades of Glory.
    As far as the multiposts per movie, I think Click was by far the largest collection of posts.. Could be wrong though. Most of the posts were the same questions over and over again.

16. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Good point.

I do about all of my backups in Full DVD and realize the truth in your statement. Much of the new copy protection is in the extra files and intended to make the files noncompliant for recording.

17. taylor30

taylor30 Regular member

5 days and still no update DvdFab fixed it on the first day. Ripit4me does it with no updates. Slysoft where are you?

18. higgielk

higgielk Guest

DvdFab 3.1.7.6 did the full rip for me. Used fixVts to clean it up and had a perfect burn with Recode2.

Maybe Slysoft has some problems after the Hurricane went through that area..They are usually pretty good.

19. res2cue

res2cue Guest

while I am shocked anydvd is taking so long with an update, this is exactly the reason you should not rely on one program and one program only... I suspect slysoft has written this off as a loss, and will pick up with next weeks releases, and issue a fix that will take care of issues.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2007
  20. marcmoon

marcmoon Member