1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blank media questions/answers here....ALSO a discussion for DVDRW drives

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by greensman, Sep 6, 2007.

1. 21122112

21122112 Member

Mr.Greensman

How is that Lite-On iHAS120-04?
    I've been reading about that drive along with the Sony/Nec Optaric 7200A
    Do you know much about it? Looks like your the Disc Drive Guru.No Offense ment.

Oh yea. Can you truely Burn 16x media @20x speed?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  2. greensman

greensman Regular member

LOL. spelled your name wrong if that's possible. :p btw nice siggy there... Rush - workin man... :D

Anyway.. I haven't received the Lite-On iHAS120 yet. Should be here Thursday I would guess. ;) I've been doing some reading elsewhere and it seems the Sony/Nec/Optiarc AD-7200S/A are ahead of the curve atm. ;) I'll see how it goes with the new one.. I really didn't need another ODD but at $24 delivered it seemed like a good deal. ;) I have a few computers lying around that might need another one... LOL. NOT really it's just a disease like GARmoonY said... :D

...gm

oh btw... I'm NOT a guru... I just like to have fun and building and ODD's are my fun with computers... the other "fun" in my life is my very demanding and annoying children.... hehehe. NOT really.... they're great.... :D

3. greensman

greensman Regular member

Sorry to get back so late. I'm a bit "titched" as garmoon would say so I forgot about reporting on the iHAS120. :D

I like the drive and it's become my favorite Lite-On drive by far. It burns pretty good but it's the smoothest LO drive in some time. lol. It will burn at 20x but the f/w isn't mature enough yet to just stick any media in there and go for it. ;)

I've found that burning at 8x-12x it performs well and produces great burns and scans. I really don't have the need to burn any higher but I do for "testing" and the scans come out ok and the discs have played.

hth....

again sorry for the late return. ;)

...gm

4. greensman

greensman Regular member

boozer coming here might get some more answers. ;) Some of the guys that drop by do some DL burning and could have some hints for making viewable discs. ;)

I've done a few DL burns but I'm by no means proficient at it.

What burner are you using?
    Verbie 2.4x DL media?
    you said speed was 2.4x and 4x right?

..gm

5. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

I used Verbatim DVD-R DL media. My burner is a Sony AW-G54A(laptop). I've successfully burnt 5 discs(all Xbox 360 games) but the rest don't work. The media says 8x, but I only burn at 2.4x.

6. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

you mean Verbatim DVD+R DL correct abuzar1 ?

try booktyping them to DVD-ROM

7. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Yes, dvd+r. You are right.

Also, I have set it to booktype to DVD-Rom. I haven't changed any settings, so thats why I think it's the media because it worked fine before.

I don't even have to put it in the Xbox to check whether it works or not. It forms these rings at the outer edges of the disk.

I will have a pic up tomorrow. It's 2AM so I figure I should sleep for now.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  8. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

yeah post a pic sounds like it may be a burner problem.

laptops aren't your best choice to backup movies/games anyway

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  9. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

LOCOENG: I bought one of those printers also (Epson R595). Almost had a heart attack when I seen the price of ink, did some searching and found some generic ink. But no black could I find, even the generic were 6.00 a piece. Finally found this refillable site

http://www.theinkjetrefillstore.com/

Very good ink, and simple cartridges, this guy got on the phone with me 4 about an hour. I was Greatly impressed, the initial order was 99.00

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

11. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

yeah mine are 25.00 for the black for my CX6600 I get them at SMS for a fraction of that

12. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

greensman: yep I bought there all the time. But when the Lawsuit was on going with Epson no Cartridges were to be found.When I finally found some nobody had BLK. So I went to the refillables, which worked out great as this printer is an ink guzzler. My cost with the small inconvenience of having to fill them is about 3.00 per cartridge. About twice a week I have to fill Blk. & Yellow, the rest about once a wk.. It takes 10 mins to fill, I just throw the needles in a bucket of water & soak 4 a bit, 5 mins to rinse

13. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Sorry I didn't get back to you guys.

Bestbuy took them back! So I cant post any pics because I returned them all. I borrowed my Uncle's DVD burner(my desktop has no optical drive) and the games are coming out fine!

14. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

sometimes i get it right lol!

15. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

lol

I'll try one in my Laptop just to see if that was it. I'm burning a regular DVD in it right now. I'll let you know how that goes.

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

TWICE a week???? what settings do you have it set up for??? i havent used that many carts in 2 years and i print on all my dvd's and make covers for all movies i burn, plus regular use. i bought 4 sets of carts from meritline before they stopped selling generic carts. $28 for 24 carts.

boozer get a burner in your desktop... are you MAD????lol

17. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Rob, I would but I cant justify spending money on an IDE burner. I can't use it in any of my new machines because I like neat computers and I only use one HDD and one ODD.

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

well I hope your HDD drive doesn't crash and you lose all you important music and data with 1 HDD. Your 1 ODD could be a DVD RW drive?

19. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I won't get out of bed for less than 10 HDD's and the same amount of ODD's. It's an unwritten law that 1 HDD and 1 ODD is wrong in far too many ways :p

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

not being in the same class as creaky or greensman with 10+ hdd & odd. i only have 2 hdd and 5 odd(4 installed currently), but yea gotta have the space/storage..lol i never really thought i would use this many ODD, but im useing all 4 right now to rip stuff. igot the first couple seasons of X-Files7 disc each season and its nice being able to rip 4 at a time instead of 1..lol
    rip, rebuild, burn to some nice 16x+r Verbs(old style)

EDIT:
    7 dvd9 disc ripped in a total of 26 mins

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008