1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blank media sales (updated weekly, daily, hourly)

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Racer_XO, Nov 1, 2008.

1. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

dr_ml422- Picked up some more Verbatims and 3 packs of Photo paper at Bestbuy . The other day so I'm good for now but thanx for the help anyways & good luck with your shopping & burning adventures my friend !!! & happy Thanksgiving !!!!!!

2. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Likewise BIG. Have a Happy Thanksgiving as well. I'm pretty much stocked myself right now. We all say that then we look at our supply and bingo, time to get more. If there ever was a healthy hobby this has to be at the top.

3. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Office Depot is still running it's media sale at a local store I went to for some padded mailing envelopes. No Imation there but some Memorex & Maxell plus the Ativa house brand on sale. None of the Office Depot brand was on the shelves.

Yes I'm stocked up on DVD's & CD's too. Overstocked for awhile it seems with a new pack of 600 8x TY white inkjet printable DVD's. Thats in addition to 12 16x Verbs, 100 16x Ritek, 100 8x valueline TY's, 100 16x Prodisc & 100 8x Prodisc all white inkjet printable.

Have about 60 8x (verb mid code) generic white inkjet printables out of 100 I thought I'd try since they were fairly cheap. They burn ok but don't test as well as a real Verb does. 48 8x Playo I bought to test out left to go. AML mid code & the test results are fair with my Samsung burner. The 16x Playo I bought fot testing was also fair & I've seen better media then these 3 showed.

Around 30 4x Optodisc (generic)white inkjet printable left to burn which I'm using in the Magnavox DVD recorder thats hooked up to the cable DVR. They burn & test really good. I might buy more of it while the supply lasts from Meritline since the price is low. Either that or just put TY's in the recorder. Kinda reminds me of when Verbatim 4x white inkjet prinable was available until the supply ran out one day last year.

Normally I buy TY or Verb DVD's but I thought I'd try some of the other stuff to see how they work with my burner. Except for the TY, Verb, Ritek & Prodisc I won't be using any of the rest after what I have on hand runs out.

About 325 Ritek white inkjet printable CDR's left to burn that I use for audio CD's. Had 1000 of them bought for $8.99 per 50 pack at my local Microcenter several months ago. The stores no longer carry Ritek (CD's or DVD's) but it still seems to be on the web site. When I get down to my last 50 pack of CD's I can either grab some Phillips white inkjet printable for $8.99 each in my local store or get some Ritek, Verb, TY or Prodisc white inkjet printable online at whatever price they are at Meritline or Supermediastore.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  4. fez1122

fez1122 Member

Futureshop is selling Verbatim 8x Dvd+r Dl 15 packs for $20.00.

5. stuntfoto

stuntfoto Member

Found Verbatim Vinyl Look Cdr's at Big Lots aka PicNSave.

They Seem to be the good type 10 Packs in Jewel Cases for $4
    They had half a pallet when i went there, they maybe have more?

6. sheempa

sheempa Member

verbs 20 pack dl on sale at bb, also sony 50pk are on sale too.

7. bratcher

bratcher Active member

You forgot the prices!! How much were they?

8. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Staples has Sony dvd-r 100pk $22.98 and dvd+r 50pk $12.98. Seen better but pretty decent price.

9. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Excuse double post can't edit yet. Check out this page of deals on newegg. The verb dl light scribe seem decent price. Also after rebate the 100pk verb dvd+r. TDK sometimes good and on sale also.

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=71&name=CD-DVD-Media

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

discs at BestBuy: link

...gm

edit: changed link

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yeah, they have those dvd sales at their stores also. In this am's circular. Good price on the Sony's. I've run out of storage space for my dvd stash. Besides the wife will kill me if I buy another dvd blank or drive.

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

Chicken!!! Bwuk-bwuk-bwuk-k-k-k-k-k..... :p

....gm

add: on another note I'm in about the same position as I need to use about 300-400 more discs myself to "justify" buying any more...hehehe.

13. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Anyone wanna send three DVD DL disks my way?

P.S. Newegg has them 5 bucks cheaper than BB.

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@gman

Yeah, I resemble that breast!

15. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

I'm single but still need to chill out w/these blanks. I know they'll go but right now my place is looking like a mini digital resource center. My new project is the old kung-fu karate flics so I guess they'll be going soon. Just picked up Once Upon A Time In China 3. Jet Li's 1st dive into his martial arts career. Of course there's 1 and 2 etc...

16. catfreak

catfreak Active member

InkStop has Verbatim DVD±R media 50 for $8.99 . . .

The store near me has tons of both + and - in the old and new packaging . .

ALL is made in Taiwan

cf

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

cf thanks for the post about InkStop. ;) Unfortunately I don't live near one and they don't have an online store as of yet either.

Link to InkStop

...gm

18. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

greensman- fWIW Samsclub Has Verbatims For $ 10.87 a 50Ct. Cakebox Made in Taiwan DVD+R & DVD-R's Atleast they do at the Ones IN Baton Rouge La. Don't know if it's a national sale or local here only but I think they had Them in New orleans for the same price around Thanksgiving ? the sale is REgular 16x Verbatims only and only on the 50Ct Cakeboxes ! I think maybe they wanna standardize and just sell the Verbatim printables maybe? Anyway worth a look i'd say !!!!

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

Thanks BT69. ;) That's still less than $24 per 100 after taxes. :)

..gm

20. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

greensman- Yup You are correct Sir !!!! Eat your heart out Ed Mc Mahon LOL!!!!