blue screen

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by cmanatsa, Jun 28, 2005.

1. cmanatsa

cmanatsa Member

Hey everyone,
    my computer is driving me crazy. I recently started downloading music to my computer using morpheus, and i suppose this has been the root of my problem. Yesterday morning, when i switced on my computer the bomputer started up and wrote" windows couls not start up normally.....", after that it went to the blue screen (bsod), and switched off 2 seconds after that. This happens each time i switch on my computer....i cannot even lo in to my windows account.

I have tried a couple of things suggested by gateway technical support, friends, and others (but all of the did not work):
    1. i removed my memory and re-inserted it.
    2. i ran a virus scan cd, and i detected 19 possible problems...but because i cannot lo on, i cannot attempt to do anything about them.
    3. i tried to use recovery console on the operating systems cd, but again it led me to the blue screen....

so now, i really dont know what to do...
    please please please help
    ps: i really dont know much about computers so please give step-by-step advice if you can

thanks

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Sorry to break it to you, but I think you might have to reformat. And next try, I hope you'll be more careful. =)

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

well before you reformat you could try a few things. what OS are you using? first try booting in safe mode (hit F8 when the computer starts up). If you get it booted up do a virus scan, and a adware/spyware scan.

If you can't get loaded up in safe mode, then you could always take out the hard drive and install it as a slave drive in another computer, then do a virus scan of it that way.

4. solargame

solargame Regular member

i recomend reformatting like toiletman said, delete all your main partitions(important). get a fresh start, and BTW use Limewire dude.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try safemode to see if can be cleaned of viruses & spyware without having to reformat the hd. also to see if a hardware or software issue if can get into safemode

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

all the BS people go though to get free music . amazing

yup your in for a reformat bro.

7. solargame

solargame Regular member

i bet you have done it too dude, deep down were all guilty of something like this.