Bluetooth Help

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by neilsinc, Jun 20, 2009.

1. neilsinc

neilsinc Guest

Can anyone help. I bought a bluetooth speaker the other week (the linx b-tube one) and then bought a bluetooth dongle from deal extreme (the small one) so that i could pair my laptop with the speakers. Or so i thought..........

Does anyone know how I do this? I've had a bit of a search about and thought I needed to install widcomm drivers so that I could see 'My Bluetooth devices' and pair with the speakers, but when installing the driver it says it cannot detect the bluetooth device ( I assume this means the dongle).

When i plug the dongle in, Windows seems to recognise it and I'm able to add B-tube to devices, but just can't pair them and the only way seems to be doing it through 'My Bluetooth Devices' which i don't have and by the looks of it won't have unless i install this driver.

Anyone able to help or give some advice?

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I had this same problem with a Motorola Bluetooth Dongle I got. I got it working and I'll give you a hand as it should work for you too. First uninstall any software you've installed trying to get the bluetooth to work and disconnect the bluetooth dongle and turn off the bluetooth speaker. Then download this file...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IX1PMGIM

Unzip it, and run the installer. Plug the USB Bluetooth Dongle in when it says and just follow the rest of the prompts. When it is done reboot the PC and see if your USB Bluetooth is recognized.

Did you make sure the dongle you bought supports A2DP?? That is required for stereo/high quality bluetooth audio streaming.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  3. jday8480

jday8480 Member

ok, i have a new lenovo g530
    windows xp sp3
    i have a jabra 8040 earpiece.
    both the dongle im using are bt 2.0 and A2DP
    the instructions for the dongle said it is plug and play and no driver is needed

i want to connect to my cpu so that i can hear audio through it like wired headphones or speakers.
    i don't care about voice input for 2 way communication, i just want to be able to hear,

i go into bluetooth devices and sync the jabra and it recognizes, i do the pin code and it completes connection, but then nothing. the name of the jabra in devices should turn bold if its working but it doesnt. i have read all the posts online regarding this, but i cant get anything to work so far.

any help people?

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Are you sure you set the Bluetooth as the default audio device.

5. jday8480

jday8480 Member

how and where do u do that?

6. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

In the sound options under the Control Panel.

7. jday8480

jday8480 Member

there are no options for any bluetooth devices under audio devices. under sound playback the only option is "conexant hd audio output", from there i can go to advanced then it gives me a list of various speaker options, none of which are bluetooth. from the reading ive done, the standard bluetooth driver for win xp is practically useless for any practical purposes, however i cant get any clear info on where to find the appropriate driver to make my device compatible. i thought i had found it above, but that driver is only for vista.

has anyone connected a bluetooth earpiece to an xp machine, if so please provide me with details of how its done. i really appriciate your help guys.

8. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

If nothings showing up under Audio or Bluetooth Devices then the hardware isn't installed properly.

9. jday8480

jday8480 Member

i have another thinkpad laptop with built in bluetooth, it is also running win xp sp3 and there are no options for bluetooth under audio devices on that machine either. according to the blogs i have read there is no support for bluetooth earpices in the xp drivers, is this not true. either way there arent on either of my machines. can you please tell me how to make it work. if its installed wrong, cool. can you tell me how to install it right. does anyone have one working with xp sp3? if so, what drivers do u use where can i find them and how do i install them. please help

10. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Like I said before you have to install the drivers for your hardware. Sure XP doesn't have built in Bluetooth support but by installing the drivers for your hardware you can add bluetooth support.

11. jday8480

jday8480 Member

the bluetooth dongel i have for the lenovo g530 didnt come with any software or driver info. it said that it is plug and play and that it doesnt require a driver. my other laptop, the thinkpad has a built in bluetooth radio. there are 2 listings for them under device radio. "IBM integrated bluetooth III" and "Microsoft Bluetooth Emulator" i updated both the drivers and it still dosent work.

dont misunderstand me, im not saying you are wrong about installing the drivers, im just saying i have no idea where to get them or how to do it. if you have done this on an xp sp3 maching can u please tell me where to download the software and how to get it working.

12. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

The company that made the bluetooth dongle should have the drivers for it on there website. And even though it says Plug-and-Play does it say which OS it is plug and play capable with?

13. jday8480

jday8480 Member

Ok there r no drivers available for the dongel that I can find, so let's just focus on the thinkpad with the built in bluetooth. I have updated those drivers and it still isn't connecting. Have u or have u not successfully done this, if so please tell me how.

14. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I have done this many times and except for the one snag with A2DP audio on Vista I haven't had any issues. I'm going to apologize now for leaving this thread but clearly this type of job is too much for you and I am quite tired of posting these redundant messages over and over.

15. jday8480

jday8480 Member

I too am tired of your redundant replies and would greatly appreciate u leaving the thread. I have no idea why you posted on this thread in the first place, I can't imagine a circumstance where repeating "download drivers" would be helpful TO anyone. You obviously have no deeper understanding of the Bluetooth setup than that, and only have an interest in posting for the purposes of calling people stupid.

Now could someone please walk me through the steps TO connect a a2Dp earpiece TO a IBM thinkpad with a built in Bluetooth radio listed above. I am running win XP sp3
    Thank u in advance for your help