1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bold]Need Expert Help[/bold]

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by dreamzboy, Aug 15, 2005.

1. dreamzboy

dreamzboy Regular member

When I load a ps2 game, and it goes straight to the language setting screen, and after all the settings are adjusted then it goes back to the browser screen. Does that mean the laser needs adjustment or is it dead? I have a version 9 using duo 2 SE with the "romeo" fix. this problem also happened to my v4. Please shine me some light.

Specifically - When i powered on, the blue clouds appeared and disappeared really quick. Then a PS 1 logo appeared following by the ps2 logo, then to the language settings. I know this is a repost because I couldn't find the answer to it.

Thanks.

2. Bird7

Bird7 Regular member

bad firmware?

3. Bird7

Bird7 Regular member

Update your firmware or get something new im not a modchipper but it is common sense to update firmware when drivers or modchips dont work or lacking productivity

4. dreamzboy

dreamzboy Regular member

I don't think the duo2se has any firmware, thanks for the help. There are 2 possibilities why that happened. 1) it's because the motor is not spinning the disc, due to either lose wires, or motor is burned. 2) the laser is not working. I changed my spinning motor, and it works.