1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bold]No Audio in Canopus Procoder Conversion!![/bold]

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Upatoi15, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Upatoi15

Upatoi15 Member

I recently tried to convert a movie from PAL to NTSC and the video is fine, but I have no audio. Please help!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What Type of Audio does your Source File use?? If it uses VBR MP3 then you will have to decompress the audio in your AVI file before encodeing it in Procoder...

You should actually decompress the audio in every AVI file before encodeing just to avoid Problems like these.....

3. Upatoi15

Upatoi15 Member

The Video_TS folder has the audio already in it, right? Its 2 channel dolby digital. How do I decompress the audio? Thanks Minion, and why in the heck does a 4 GB VOB file turn out to be 8GB??

Thanks,

Upatoi15

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

So you are Encodeing a VOB file in Procoder?? Well then the reason why you don"t have any Audio is because the Dolby AC3 audio in the VOB file is Not supported as the Source File in Procoder...

What you should do is Extract the audio from the Source Vob file and Just encode just the Video file and then use the Extracted Audio with the Encoded Video file to author your DVD useing a DVD authoring Program.....

The Reason why your 4gb source File ends up being a 8gb File is Because the Bitrate you have selected to encode to is Far to High...

What determines the Size of an encoded File is the Length of the File and the Bitrate you use to encode the File so if the File is Twice as Big as you want it then it is Because you have used a Bitrate that is Twice as High as it should be.....