1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bold]USE DVD FAB PLATINUM FOR 1:1 COPY AND DVD SPLIT [/bold]

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by precise1, Jan 12, 2006.

1. precise1

precise1 Guest

There's no reason to use any other program for ripping / copying your dvds. DVD Fab Platinum is easy to use and gives you an exact copy of any dvd. It is capable of backing up DVD 9 Discs for single dvd backup or splitting. If you split a DVD into two discs the program edits the movie chapter information and stores the menus for both discs. When you use the menus on either disc, only the functions that are available on that disk will be available. You simply put the dvd you want to copy in your drive and follow the on screen instructions. It copies the entire DVD including menus and all extras if you so choose. It's also capabile of copying various titles from the disc as well.

Here's a link to a website that explains how to use DVD Fab Platinum:

Here's how to use the program
    1) open dvdfab platinum
    2) Choose full disc
    3) put the dvd you wish to copy in the drive
    4) select next

5) If the disc you want to copy is too large for a normal 4.7 g disc the program will ask you if you want to split the movie or burn to a 9G disc. I usually choose split movie and preserve menus and go right to movie on disc 2, press next.

6) now you can either choose to burn an image or a dvd video/audio ts folder which can be later burned using an image / dvd burning software such as nero, or you can copy directly to another writer if you have a dvd read and write drive in your computer.

7) Decide where to save the rip and press go
    thats it, dont mess with the settings they are very limited anyway.

[bold]Trial Version:[/bold]
    http://www.dvdidle.com/download/DVDFabPlatinum29.exe

[bold]More Info:[/bold]
    http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-fab-platinum.htm

[bold]Great Torrent Search:[/bold]
    http://isohunt.com/

Overall Program Ratings Ease of Use / quality
    1) DVD FAB PLATINUM 10
    2) DVD XCOPY 09
    3) DVD CLONER 09
    4) DVD COPY PLUS 08

2. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

short and to the point guide, maybe ask one of the mods to move to user submitted guides section <!>

3. YourSoul

YourSoul Member

I couldn't agree more. This program Dvd Fab Platinum 2.962 is the best i've seen so far. I watch people on here say "oh you need this, this and this". All i can do is shake my head because they take 60 minutes or something to burn one dvd. It takes me 15-20 minutes to burn the dvd. It copies it then burns it.

I recommend this Program, over any other program so far. It burns XXX, Hitch, War of Worlds, The Fog, FlightPlan. Quit wasting time, and use this program.

4. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

a lot of users may choose to in fact use this application, however it would be much more enticing if it werent shareware, which is the reason why a lot of members stick with a decrypter (such as DVDFab Decrypter) and also to stick with an application such as dvd-shrink or nero recode.