1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

booting up my life and my ps2

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by spokie70, Sep 4, 2006.

1. spokie70

spokie70 Guest

sorry first time and i am very stupid and would appreciate pictures(in color haha)seriously im in a pickle ,i have my playstation2 some time and to be honest i got it as a gift cause i live in Peru south america and the wages stinks and cant afford to buy $200 worth of stuff, but i got it and now its DEAD...and i wanna cry so my best friend gave me a modem or what eva thinga mado and i ve put in my 20 gig maxtor harddrive and everything and took it to some place and the copied all my games to the hd and everything is hunky but the only problem i have is booting up and well that stinks i got hdd loader and all and wanna play on my PS2 whom i loive and i dont have money to buy a new lens so my question is please tell me if i can do something like boot from the mem card and HOW to that exactly (pictures will help) PPPPPPPPPPPPPPrettttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyy please help

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

you could use the mem card exploit but, you would still need to be able to read a disc to do that. The only other option to load directly from mem card would be to use dms4 but, if you can't afford a new laser I'm sure you won't be able to afford that so I guess you're out of luck.

3. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Buy a new laser.
    Or buy a modchip that has a built in HD loader.
    If you can't afford it, that's too bad.

4. dabundan

dabundan Regular member

if worst comes to worst, you could tinkle with the lens and see if you can ressurrect it. my friend gave me his old busted ps2 that didnt read discs and i fixed it by adjusting the voltage on the ps2. search online on how to do that

5. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

They fixed it for you in the the New York Chinatown? That's awesome.