brothers in arms earned in blood

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by garryj, Oct 14, 2005.

1. garryj

garryj Member

Hi all
    Sorry new to all this I’m(45) doing this for my son (disabled) I have evo x and downloaded brothers in arms earned in blood my problem is loading from drive it shows in the dashboard starts first and seconded screen then nothing it plays straight from disc. Any answers
    Cheers
    Frustrated father

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

FTP to your Xbox or use the Hard Drive explorrer in Evox and find the CACHE folder mine was on partiotion E:. Once you find the CACHE folder delete the files inside it and then restart the Xbox then try playing the game now.

3. garryj

garryj Member

Hi larrylje
    Thanks for the info tried it didn’t work
    when I go into Xbox file explorer only have accesses to c: e: drive when I put game on via dvdtoxbox I could only put it on c or e found the CACHE folder in e deleted the files inside it still not playing only get to the seconded screen the warning notice I have herd that I need to change the default xbe file if this is so can you point me in the right direction.
    Thanks in advance

Frustrated father (garry)

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You said you downloaded it of the internet right? If so then the game should have already been patched.

I am in the processes myself puting this game onto my hard drive after downloading the game.

Uasly when you download the games of the internet they already come patched and in xISO mode.

Are you sure you downloaded a NTSC format of the game or was it PAL?

If it is a PAL game and you have an NTSC system then look into the Evox settings there should be settings to force to play PAL games in NTSC video mode.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
  5. mikeh455

mikeh455 Guest

OK guys, i found out why this game is causing problems. I was having the same problem with my xbox. You have to disable TSR and In Game Reset in your system management if your running evox. I did this and my game loads perfectly.

6. garryj

garryj Member

I copied the game from the original disk to hdd via manage my games on hdd

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Did a search and others had the same problem and said they fixed it by doing the below actions in EvoX.

IGR OFF
    TSR to Disable
    Game region to AUTO

even tho mikeh455 said to disable TSR already try that and the other 2 things to see if it will work.

8. garryj

garryj Member

Hi mikeh
    You are a star man, did as you asked and all is working fine off to do battle now with my son (probably lose like i all ways do). Once again this forum comes up trumps again not posted much myself but read most of it very impressed thanks a lot
    hope in i can contribute some time.

contented father

9. garryj

garryj Member

Thanks larrylje
    Sorry for the delay of last post was in the middle of composing it while you posted yours so missed it
    Thanks to all
    garry

10. tank146

tank146 Member

Thanks guys, I was having the same problem with the game, I just followed your advice and turned off the TSR, and disabled IGR, loads great.

Thanks again.
    T.J

11. garryj

garryj Member

glad to hear you got yours working this forum is very helpfull
    glad its around

12. jnoggle

jnoggle Member

Hi all -

I have read all of your ideas to fix the problem with loading Earned in Blood from the HD. I have tried the following with no luck.

IGR OFF
    TSR to Disable
    Game region to AUTO

I am going to try to attempt to delete the files from the Cache folder this evening. If I may ask, where has everyone elses game been locking up at? Mine is right after the second Brothers in Arms screen when it starts to show the greenish starlike designs. Any help would be tremendous.

Thanks

13. dubpyncho

dubpyncho Guest

Hi

I'm having the same problem, I've set

IGR OFF
    TSR to Disable
    Game region to AUTO

but the game freezes on the second load screen, with the green arrows. This is the only game I've had this problem with, any ideas?