1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BT Tutiorial (help to new torrenters) Lots of important links

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by J-Kwon, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

try 65535 listening port and then open that port,let me know how you get on. For intructions on how to open your routers ports visit http://www.portforward.com

The Bitcomet ports have nothing to do with Bitlord ports, i posted some pictures, Type port 65535 in your listening port then open it. Then check if its open following the instructions i posted previously.

When you have opened port 65535 your speeds should improve.

2. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Any luck yet?

3. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

I'm just downloading a similar torrent to you(nearly same no. of seeds + peers), heres a pic of what happening :} All torrents are different and you will never get the exact same speeds of different torrents

[​IMG]

Also a reson for bad speeds is because your not connecting to your tracker properly heres a diagram i made, Please note: this is only for bitlord v1.1 it may be different on your client.

[​IMG]

Hope that helped :p

4. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

If you need to locate your I.P Address for whatever reason heres how

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

animeluva, have you got anywhere yet?

6. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

nrautava your client is quite good although its still in the beta phase,

Exeem is a brand new Peer To Peer program, SPYWARE and ADWARE free which is good news,

Can be downlaoded at http://www.exeem.com/ lastest release 0.27

[​IMG]

I've tried it and I'm impressed :p If you have any questions on this bittorrent P2P client then aim them at nrautava I'm sure he'll get back to you

7. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Yes!!!! New MAX at 132KB/s from a torrent at http://www.seedler.org its hovering around 125KB/s as we speak!!

If anyone could beat that who has 1mb broadband i would like to hear about it.

I thought the max i could get is 115KB/s this proves me wrong!

8. borriss

borriss Guest

Hello J-kwon and others this is my first post so bear with me, I really like your guides but I can't download any good files fast,

I have downloaded Bitlord from one of your links, Then i went onto Forwardport or which ever one you go on to forward your ports. But I'm on like 4KB/s Dn and nothing Up. I really want to get started with these torrent things, I work with computers so i can understand most guides.
    I want the lastest Movie releases I'm tryin to download one now it's a 4GB .avi

Any help welcomed, As i really need it, I have been searching on how to download fast for ages now on various sites but i just can't do it

9. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Welcome to AD Boriss,

First of all check that ports are open using a guide i produced earlier then post back with your results, :])

Whats your T'Internet connection.

I'll let you know what to do next when you post back.

10. borriss

borriss Guest

Thanks for the ultra quick, I have dial-up, does this mean my speeds will be rubbish. I don't have a router so how do i open ports?

Still no improvement from 4KB/s, this is really annoying me

Thanks J-Kwon

11. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Boriss I'm unfamilar with the speeds of Dial-up but i imagine that they not that good.

If you don't have a router do you have a firewall, If you have XP firewall, Theres another guide here that will help you

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/223583 The first half is all you need if you don't have a router

As for getting better seeds try different sites I have posted alot already but I find http://www.bitsoup.org works best.

Hope that helped you abit :p

12. borriss

borriss Guest

Will I have to upgrade to Broadband to even attempt to download large files?

I read that you have to register with Bitsoup, does that mean it costs?

13. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Borriss, BitTorrent is really designed for broadband so don't expect miracles

dial up users who want large files from BT, more than likely will not get them, because most torrents are dead with-in two weeks.

BT is made to get new content fast, not over a dial-up, so I would try another p2p app(Limewire Pro or Bearshare Pro...) or get broadband.

<-><-><-><->

As for Bitsoup, simple answer is it's [bold]FREE[/bold]

Seriously I would considering giving up on torrents considering you have dial up, considering it is for Broadband.

If anyone is have a good time with BT and dial up let Borriss here know your setup, then Borriss can try it out.

Animeluva are you sorted out yet

Last edited: Sep 1, 2005
  14. RealSalsa

RealSalsa Member

Hey guys, I'm a total newb to this type of thing. I'm currently DLing the new Family Guy movie with BitLord. Unfortunately I don't have a CLUE about what I need to do to make it DL faster. I was hovering around 115 last night so I'm no complaining, but I dunno wut you guys mean when you are talking about ICP numbers and opening ports... and I also have no idea what to do after my torrent is DLed.. I dunno how to extract or burn or anything... I know you people must think I'm an idiot, :) , but you had to learn someday too! JKwon you sound like you know what you're doing and if you could PLEASE lend me a hand it'd be MUCH appreciated! Thank you SO much.

15. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

1) First of all whats your internet connection?

2) If you have a router, what type is it?

3) Depends what file it is, for example

Familyguy.rar - You open with Winrar, Use this to extract then you might get any video format, .avi or .vobs or something like them

Familyguy.iso - You can check the quality by using VLC Media Player by VideoLAN Team, Then if your happy with the quality burn with Decyrpter it ISO Write mode

16. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

When opening ports here are some [bold]commmon[/bold] ports that may want to open, if you want to get optimal speeds

Client Port
    TCP, UDP

Azureus: 6881
    BitComet: 12242
    BitTornado: 10000-10004, 10000-10004
    BitTorrent: 6881-6889
    ABC: 6881-6999
    Shareaza: 6346, 6346
    Bitlord: RANDOM PORTS

I'll also add some general P2P Ports,Bear in mind these have nothing to do with Bittorrent just Filesharing

Limewire: 6346 6346
    Gnutella: 6346 6346
    eMule: 4662-4711, 4672
    eDonkey: 4662, 5737
    BearShare: 6346

Also your ISP may not allow opening some of these ports so you have to choose a random one instead bear in mind this cannot be done with all file sharing apps

Last edited: Sep 2, 2005
  17. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

@J-Kwon

omg - BT isn't 'Designed' for Broadband users, yes they have more of an advantage but its definately not designed for them, LMAO!!!! dead in 2 weeks???? wot sh**ty f**kin sites u been usin eh?????????

and omg - u seriously aint tellin everyone to open ALL them ports are u? LOL, like - just invite hackers in why dont u...

jeez, dude before u speak learn some more - no offence or owt but u gonna get all these new players hacked or trojaned, lol - or a little of both.

edit: for language

18. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Could you tone down and replace the swearing, before the mods come ? :) Thanks

19. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

If they want to get optimal speeds they have to open ports

Yes Dead in two weeks u n0b, BT was intended for Broadband. Torrents spread like a virus with all the leechers nowadays the torrents won't have many seeds this makes it really difficult for Dail Uppers to get torrents fast

Did you not notice all the antivirus and spyware sites i posted?

No offence dude but why are you still on dial up! and also I'm not telling all the new players to open them ports, but if they want to get optimal speeds it would help for them ports to be opened.

20. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

eh??

i aint on dial up u moron....

u tryin to call me a nob or a noob?...

and no - BT was NOT intended for broadband, originally it was intended for legitimate distribution to employees, employers & customers - not just for broadband, do sum f**kin diggin and learn your history dude...

dead in 2 weeks on the sites that people like u use yes - because all u do is go round insultin people that have a little insight into something u dont... tut tut - youll never learn that way n00b.

edit: they shouldn't open all those ports - its like leavin your lights on and your door unlocked when u go out - hell no should ANYONE open all them ports, open 2 - possibly four at the most but omg - opening that many? may aswell just leave the house unlocked with all the windows open mate, ya get me?

edit 2: language

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.