1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BT Tutiorial (help to new torrenters) Lots of important links

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by J-Kwon, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

nob or a noob, both now just leave and bugger of out of this thread it was intended for people like you. Who [bold]obviously[/bold] know what their doing!

'should ANYONE open all them ports' DID i say anything about opening all them ports NOOOO just the ones they need to open, What makes you so special? calling people that might know a little more than you a Noob and moron. Oh yeh and I'm really intimedated you can swear, and i find it really offensive, Now leave this thread your not wanted!

2. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

the first sentence is a little mis-leading then, lol - u may want to change it mate...

so u callin me a nob and a noob? thats not very nice - tut tut...

how do u know that?.... u seem to know a bit, good for u - but u obviously dont know enuff to write a proper full tutorial otherwise u would of done so, so i dont see how telling people with real insight to bugger off would help u much...

lol, so your saying u know more then me are u? i aint even gonna dignify that with a rebuttle - if ud like to think that, go ahead.

3. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

I've sorted the first sentence out, now back to helping out the people that really need help in this thread not people trying to argue with me!

animeluva, borriss and RealSalsa let me know how get on.

-LoNeR- their really was no need for all that, I do know my stuff if you cared to read through the entire thread you'd realise that!

4. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

i allways read a thread before i post in it, and my statement was still tru.

5. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

So why would you say the new playas would be filled with viruses if you read the whole thread you would see that i posted you must have spyware and virus protection before DLing torrents.

6. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

ok, ill explain this SIMPLY for u

say u live in a house ok? now - u have a guard dog, u have locked doors and locked windows, but - some guy comes along and says if u open those windows and those doors youll get better circulation, so u do it - but oh no, with all those doors and windows open - people can just stroll into your house whenever they want and the dog got out.

understand now?

7. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Thanks, can you edit the other one on the page before this one its the last post, sorry to ask this from you, just makin sure you dont get close to gettin banned :) Thanks, for the first one :)

8. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Yes but the ports can always be shut when you've finished DL an UL,
    So when your in you can catch the man and when your out the man can't get in. Do you understand that?

9. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

dude, u told people to open ports, u didn't tell em to close em afterwards did u? so no - u wont catch anyone, and - oh yeah, most downloads will take hours, hackers can get in do there shit and get out within 30 seconds, u really dont know wot your talkin bout dude so dont bother

edit: @alien13 - edited the offensive stuff for ya, apoligys if it offended u

Last edited: Sep 2, 2005
  10. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Right Ladies and Gentlemen, PLEASE don't open your ports because smartarse -LoNer- here says not to,

LOL most people know about the risks opening ports does.

Why are you carrying this on I told you to leave and unsubscribe from this thread about 3 posts ago, Your not paying much attention.

Don't call me dude, I don't like you your a loner literally. nuff said now leave I don't want you to participate in this thread any longer!

11. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

awww, is the child gettin possesive of his little thread?...

and i didn't say dont open ports - i said open 2 or 4 at most, dude - your the one who doesn't read.

hmm - but like u previously stated, these are beginners they DONT know it u stoopid stoopid man, there askin u questions and blindly doin wot u say because uve given the impression that u know wot your doin, so - if u want me to leave the thread like the child u are then fine, ill leave - but come on dude, compare the amount of my posts to the amount of your posts

i think i kind of know wot im talkin about....

oh, and one last thing - callin me a loner cos my name i loner? lol - how childish, is it all u can think of?...

edited.

12. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Thanks. Now that thats settled i say we put all that behind us and let it go, if they want to open the ports its their decision if they dont its also their decision, but IF they do open them use protection you dont know what might happen, you comp could get infected or anything! :)

13. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Alien13 I've edited my posts for you and well said

-LoNeR- feel free to tell me how to guide the newbies then but i think I'm doing a good job so far, but if it bothers you so much then stay and help out.

14. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

@ Loner
    You have posted 426 messages to our discussion forums since you created your account on 26 August 2004. I'm no newbie either,

Just let it go I have

15. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

dude, as stated in my previous post - i allready had, jeez your like a child - just STOP.

16. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

That didn't sound like stopping to me it sounded like you wanting me to carry on. The argument is [bold]over[/bold]

17. RealSalsa

RealSalsa Member

So ANYWAY..... I use broadband I would think. I'm on a campus server. I'm using Bitlord and I have no ports open. I'm not intending to open them becuase of the amount of hackind and viruses. I don't mind if it takes longer then it should so oh well. I'm DLing a .rar file, and it came over in like 48 smaller files. Do I needa compress them before I extract them... Keep in mind I've never done this before :) Thanks for your help guys/gals!

18. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

just right click on the first one and tell it to extract it to either your desktop or sumplace u can find it

its a spanned archive, meaning theres a part of the file in each one

19. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

Right then, change your max upload to 20KB/s

When it finishes open the first .rar file using Winrar then extract that to a new folder by highlighting the file and clicking 'extract to'.

Then let me know what video files you have once the .rar file is extracted and I can help you further, sorry about all the commotion Loner wanted a little cry

20. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

-LoNeR- beat me to it :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.