burning a game using an xbox and a computer

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by morphic, Dec 1, 2005.

1. morphic

morphic Member

HI, i am trying to make copies of my xbox games and i read in another thread that you can do it if you ftp your xbox to your computer ok, i have an xbox with and Xecuter mod chip with EVOX for a dashboard and i know how to ftp into my xbox but after that i dont know what to do. i have Nero as a burn agent. any help would be greatly appreciated. my email is shlongerjr@hotmail.com

2. wr6739

wr6739 Regular member

3. steimy

steimy Active member

4. evocre8r

evocre8r Member

Once you've created a ftp connection to your xbox, insert a disk. Go to your PC, log on to your `box (the dash on your xbox should state your ip address), and open the "D:" drive. Transfer every file from that drive to your PC. You've just ripped a xbox game. Next you can choose to create an iso image (preferred), or to burn a UDF disk. I have been using UDF and have no problems.

Open Nero, Create a data DVD using UDF. Use the usual drag and drop method when burning. Copy all the files and folders to the cd. Don't create a folder and then put the files in it.

Force Xbox compatibility, then burn at 2.4x (or your burners' slowest speed) and you're set.

Let us know if it works.

Scott

5. morphic

morphic Member

holy crap, that sounds way easier than some of the things i have read, i just have another question, how do you burn an iso image, like where do you go to switch it over, i have NERO for that

6. messyXBOX

messyXBOX Member

hey i screwed up my xbox and now i have now menu, because i removed EVOX wrong. so i was thinkin i could burn a copy of mechassualt and add run linux to the save files of the burned cd. because i cant add it in the menu. I was wondering if ne body has a way to burn a mechassualt cd.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

messyXBOX, have you looked into an auto installer?
    they can reinstall everything on the Xbox and then some.
    Some will even back up your game saves for you so that you will not loose them.

and as far as the FTP thing, yes that makes it sound very easy. But there is a bit more to it then that.
    You have to know HOW to set up the PC and Xbox before you can get
    them connected to each other. Which is why i linked you to all those great tutorials.
    After that you have to know how to set up your FTP program to communicate with the Xbox.

after you have it where you can get a connection then it is very easy to copy a game.
    Get a program like Craxtion4 or Qwix which can rip the game from the Xbox and create the ISO file for you.
    Then all you have to do is burn the ISO by using "burn image" in Nero

Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
  8. messyXBOX

messyXBOX Member

awesome, an auto installer would be great could u tell me where to get one.

9. steimy

steimy Active member

messyXBOX
    check your PM