burning multiple mkv to DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by raaat, Mar 7, 2011.

1. raaat

raaat Member

Okay, so I have 24 80Mb.mkv video files and I want to burn them in a 4Gb DVDR (quality loss is not that big of a deal for me), problem is Ashampoo BS9 and Nero only allows me to burn around 4-5 files per disk.
    So I was wandering if there is a way for me to burn the all 24 of the videos into a single DVDR. Without converting it to avi or mp4 format, as it would result in the loss of the subtitles that are soft embedded on the mkv.
    I know that it is possible since I've recently acquired a 4Gb DVD which has 26 60Mb files inside (I ripped them using MakeMKV)

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Try DVD Flick (free): http://beginwithsoftware.com/videoguides/dvd-flick-guide.html or ConvertXtoDVD (not free and trial leaves watermark). Make sure to set NTSC or PAL correctly. ImgBurn is one of the best burners (iso or DVD Folder) available, burn at 1/2 the rated speed of the media for best results

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  3. raaat

raaat Member

Thanks will try that!

4. raaat

raaat Member

It worked although some videos have only 7 seconds in them instead of the usual 24 minutes, know any reason as to why this is happening?

The settings i used are listed below
    Target Format: NTSC
    Encoding: Normal
    Target Bitrate: Custom
    Bitrate: 1300kbps
    Advanced
    Half Horizontal Resolution

everything else is set to default

Thanks in Advance :)

5. mistycat

mistycat Active member

No idea as I have never used DVD Flick or run into that problem. Do those mkv play okay on the computer before encoding? Maybe someone has some ideas on this. Actually, I might be tempted to convert them to avi first and try that but doubt that would help.

6. shortypan

shortypan Member

did you try with ConvertXtoDVD as Misty suggested? It is generally pretty good. If you need a video player to try playing the files, I suggest VLC (free).

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011