1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning problem help:(

Discussion in 'PS2' started by afgprince, Nov 24, 2006.

1. afgprince

afgprince Member

hey i got a modchip and used dvd decrypter to burn a game but it didnt work
    it is a iso file and used decrypter but this was just to c if it worked
    i used a cheap dvd r and wrote it at the max speed
    and when i put it in ma ps2 it starts but stopped before loadin the game (black screen appears)
    did i do sometin wrong or is the dvd just sh!t and burned it to fast

2. mndnichol

mndnichol Member

try using different media, cheap discs dont work properly,samsun,verbatim imation,maxell,pc line,tescos,phillips all work well.

3. KEVCELT

KEVCELT Regular member

i use memorex dvd -r 8x and have never had a problem with back ups, remember the better quality discs are better for your ps2, bad quality discs will wreck your laser also remember its the mds file 2 copy thats the small one normally about 5kb, and burn at the lowest speed will always get results. send me an im if u have any more probs. did u open the iso file ????

4. afgprince

afgprince Member

thnkx guys i did open the iso and tried burnin it on a sony dvd-r at 4 speed and the game came black and white very bad resulution then i read sometin about patchin the pal file to ntcs will resolve but tht made it worse ( not playin it period)
    i did what i am suppose 2 but no luck im thinking it might be the file thts wrecked becuz i bought some game and it worked on my modded ps2

5. steimy

steimy Active member

1. quality DVD's instead of cheap DVD's will help
    2. try updating your burners firmware
    3. A GOOD modchip should have no problem playing PAL and NTSC with no problem
    4. If you use DVD+R then look into "booktyping" or "bitsetting" and see if your burner can do that. If it can then use DVD Decrypter to booktype the DVD+R to DVD-Rom which will help with compatibility.

6. Knivez

Knivez Regular member

KEVCELT just fyi memorex are not good dvds... trust me i know from experience even when all the other members on afterdawn told me not to use them i ignored them and i did.. well memorex does work fine in the beginning but it OCCASIONALY produced errors and causes freezes in games.. even worse the dvd usually stops workign 1-2 years later and yes MEMROEX does ruin ur lens because its not good media.. you dont have to take my comment seriously but ull prolly end up where i was 1-2 years after continous use of memorex