Burnout Revenge

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Maniax, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Maniax

Maniax Member

I FTP it over to my PC then made an iso then burned the iso with Nero. I burned it on the slowest speed so that it wouldn't miss any file. I burned it on 1x speed.
    I went to play it on my box, but when it comes up to load, it just leaves a blank screen, all black.
    Wondering why it wont load the title screen or the game for that matter.
    Anyone else having this problem? or know what I should do?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

go to the site below and download the Quix program and bring the files into it and let the program make an ISO for you to burn then burn that file and it should work.

http://www.teamavalaunch.com/qwix/

3. darkovo

darkovo Guest

I've also tried getting the game working (NTSC version), used Qwix and other software + FTP'd to XB and tried running from the HDD etc & still only brings up a Blank Screen.
    I've got a PAL XB and also tested with the NTSC Video converter but still gets the same problem.
    Xecuter 2.3B chip + different loaders installed & tried.

I have had a similar problem with one other game ages ago & can't remember what it was called but never got that working either, other 150+ games work fine from all regions etc!

Weird, would like to try with the PAL version but haven't seen it anywhere yet.

4. Maniax

Maniax Member

Well im glad im not the only one having these problems, wait no im not! that means no one can get it working. :(

That sucks Burnout Revenge is a sweeet sweet game.

ill try the Qwix, just to check it out, but darkovo already tried, so its prob. a waste of time.

5. debo420

debo420 Guest

Burnout Revenge:

Well after making 2 coasters trying to ftp the game info from my xbox to pc..When I tried to load the game I only got a black screen..I finally got a working backup of burnout using qwix 1.01 to create the iso and nero to burn it (at 4x_verbatim dvd)..

6. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Works fine for me

7. karma29

karma29 Member

I had no problems at all backing up Burnout Revenge, went with Qwix for ISO, and burned with Decrypter.

8. Maniax

Maniax Member

I fixed it. There was 1 file in the game when I FTP'd it over that was 0kbs. I deleted the file, i forget what folder it was in but its there somewhere, well i deleted it and it works fine now.
    I hate it when game companys put these stupid 0kb files in there games.

9. darkovo

darkovo Guest

I've tried QWIX & didn't fix it, burnt at 2x speed on my NEC 16X DVDRW.
    Also tried deleting the 0.1Bytes file from my XBOX HDD (via FTP) and that didn't work either.
    I'm giving up now & waiting to get hold of the PAL version.

10. Maniax

Maniax Member

people who give up are weak.
    the 0kb file is in the OVID folder.
    Delete that file and it will work fine.

11. toney420

toney420 Guest

I've backed up burnout revenge using craxtion 4 and burned it with clonedvd and it worked fine. I use Qwix also but only if I get a coaster using craxtion. Love both programs but I've had a lot of success with craxtion. So you might want to try it out.

12. samusXP

samusXP Regular member

I also had no problems with Burnout Revenge. Although I'm not burning, just FTPing to the Xbox HDD. :p

13. Ramlion

Ramlion Member

get'n my butt kicked by this game to, it just loads on the black screen and locks up, i have tried all the other affore mentioned on this and it still doesnt work

14. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@Ramlion

FTP to your Xbox or go to your HDD explorrer on the dashboard and find the CACHE folder Mine is on partition E: and clean out the CACHE folder then try playing the game.

15. Ramlion

Ramlion Member

already tried that, thanks for the reply, it works on my buddies xbox but not mine, so its got to be a update problem withn the acl files of dvd2xbox, at least i think it is