Cablevision forcing me to stop downloading !

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by vic_x51, Jan 8, 2009.

1. vic_x51

vic_x51 Member

I have cablevision as my internet provider and they just sent me a letter with information of downloaded items from bitorrent along with their data size ect.. and it mentions cablevsion was contacted by companies to contact me to tell me to stop downloading or cable vision will be forced to cut my internet or possible legal actions could occur. I remember reading about this here. I wanted to know if anyone has gotten this type of e-mail from their internet provider and what did you do? and for the record im not a huge downloader/uploader type of person with terabytes of stuff, I maybe only lik 10 gigs of stuff at a time before i start deleting it.

2. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

See what other options you have in your area, call them and tell them you wish to cancel their services. If they ask you why, tell them that they sent you a letter accusing you of downloading, but it didn't tell you what it was. Also, let them know you will tell everyone who uses their services to look elsewhere.

Then again, that's just me!!

3. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

if you're downloading new movies that are still in the theater i would stop if i was you

4. varnull

varnull Guest

If you are paying cablevision... I would stop XD

Get yourself a wireless dongle and have a look at stealing your download bandwidth from sources unknown.. a classic case of a non-crime being punished causing a greater crime to take place ... hahahaha

5. vic_x51

vic_x51 Member

they detailed exactly what i downloaded, not movies, but a game file. i've been reading up online, seems best choice of action is to ignore letter and lay low on downloading for awhile.

6. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

changing you're mac addy would help also