CAMCORDER TO DVD???

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by drummer05, Dec 3, 2005.

1. drummer05

drummer05 Member

HI, I HAVE A JVC SUPER VHS CAMCORDER AND I HAVE SOME VIDEOS OF MY BAND I WANT TO MAKE INTO DVD..I HAVE AOLD DAZZLE DIGITAL VIDEO 80 CREATOR THINGY..BUT IT SUCKS AND I GET NO SOUND OR IT DOESNT DO ANYTHING I KEEPGETTING ERRORS...MY QUESTION IS..WHAT GOOD CAPTURING DEVICE DO I NEED OR DO I GET A FIREWIRE?? WHATEVER THAT IS...I HAVE NERO AND THAT WORKS GOOD FOR ME..I NEED A CAPTURING PROGRAM OR SOM ETHING. PLEASE LET ME KNOW..

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!

DAN

2. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Wow. I do the exact same thing (drum and record shows and create video of it to DVD) Definately need firewire since JVC (I have the same) uses it, most windows versions has its own capture program. Plug in the device, it will tell you what to do. You will need your NERO to burn and a good encoding program to shrink that huge file down to size (capture it in any format besides .wmv it doesnt decompress well for me but original .avi is huge like 9GB for an hour)

3. slnixon

slnixon Member

Here's what works for me: I have some old VHS tapes that I put onto DVD by using a set-top DVD-recorder. It's one of the first Panasonic DVD-recorders that came out (paid an outrageous $600!!), but I think they've came down alot by now. Anyway, the way I done this was I used the video-out from the VCR to the video-in on the recorder using RCA jacks. Now, I recorded this to the internal hard-drive first on the DVD-recorder, and then transferred this to disk; this way I could edit what I didn't need. This is just a basic, simple method that works...just as long as it isn't copy-protected, You shouldn't have any trouble should You choose to use this method.

4. FALSE

FALSE Member

A cheaper route may be to buy an ati tv wonder card.
    Thats how I move my movies from minidv to pc.

5. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Can get it onto the computer with only a firewire cord (if computer has firewire input). Without firewire input all these other options work. If no input you can get a PCI card for like $20 which is cheaper than all other posted options.
    @FALSE--- When you said ATI card did you mean there was a firewire input on the card or connection a different method (RCA Jack)?