Can i copy/RIP a Burnt Xbox game?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by big89alex, Mar 12, 2006.

1. big89alex

big89alex Guest

OK, long story.I have an burnt xbox game that i want to copy and burn. Can i do this. I burnt the previous disc by the iso. I dont have 2 dvd/cd tray's, so i need to rip it ontop my computer. How can i do this? I have craxtion, dvd dycrypter&shrink, and nero.

Thanks,
    Alex

2. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

If you burnt it from an ISO, you are going to have to use the xbox to rip it, and then transfer it to PC. Your PC just CAN'T read xbox discs. That's why we all use the xbox to rip copies instead of doing it all on a PC in the first place.

3. big89alex

big89alex Guest

i know, its an iso i want to copy. I dont have an ftp set up. Cant i just creat an iso with dvd dycryter or shrink (whichever it is) and burn.?

4. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Sorry, the PC just can't read the xbox disc. So, if the disc you have was created by burning an ISO to the disc, the PC will not read it, and thus you can't copy it that way. The end.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

Very simple answer. If this is a back up copy you made from an original, and it works then you just copy it with any burning program. Like Nero, Alcohol 120% or DVD Decrypter. Whatever you use to make the first back up will work. If you made the disc with an ISO then your PC will read it just fine, It just will not read original Xbox game discs as they are not ISO files.

You can make a copy of a copy with no extra steps.

6. big89alex

big89alex Guest

kk thxs!