1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can i hook up my PS2 to the PC through a USB Cord?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by AFreak, Apr 3, 2006.

1. neiljames

neiljames Regular member

Sorry dude. But will do. Peace.

2. AFreak

AFreak Regular member

So, i could use that adapter to get a game onto my PC, instead of having to F with all the weird programs and such?

also, yeah i do have a network set up(i think) i use Cable internet...see, its bad for me doing all of this back up crap, i am no where near as good as i want to be with computers...i mean i dont even know the difference between SATA and IDE, i basically just learn from other people and emulate what they do...it seems to work, but i just dont understand it all...so basically, if i get that USB adapter, i can move my already conveted file from my PS2 HDD and put it onto my computer, then i can do all of the decryptor things right, and then i can put the thing back onto my HDD? or will HL Dumb not let me put a patched file onto the HDD unless it sees an HDAdvance/HD Loader tool loaded?

3. neiljames

neiljames Regular member

Yeah Dude if you were to get the USB to IDE cable adapter you don't need to fusk with the network adapter and all those HDL programs. Oh yeah and I'm assuming that your HDD is already formatted for the PS2. But as far as my understanding once the HDD is connected to the PC via USB then the only program you would then need to run would be WINHIIP. Don't take my word for it tho' cuz I'm a complete noob and am trying to learn everything you're trying to learn as well. And again to the best of my understanding all the things your wondering about as far as moving files to and fro with the USB to IDE Cable Adapter should be possible. As for patched files, HDL Dumb, and the PS2 recognizing HDLoader or HDAdvance... I am completely clueless. I hope someone with a better understanding on all this stuff is willing to help you out. I did my best, if I'm wrong please correct me so that I can learn also. Thanx in Advance.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

5. AFreak

AFreak Regular member

i do not have that online disc anymore...is there a way i can get a copy? or would it just be easier to use that IDE to USB converter? my HDD is already formatted for the PS2...

6. JParkes

JParkes Regular member

So, theres a network adapter I want to buy on ebay. It says it comes with an ethernet cable. I have a spare ethernet slot on my computer so I could link the ethernet from the PS2 network adapter 2 my PC. What happens when I insert the cable into my PC? Will a Network Connection come up or something? I've posted a few threads on the PS2 hardware and software forums about PS2 HD, but no-one listens. Can someone plz reply?

7. steimy

steimy Active member

i have never set up the connection on PS2, but have for Xbox. Usually you have to configure the PC's connection then set up the PS2 to use that connection by entering the DNS, Subnet mask, Default gateway and an IP Address that is one different than the PC. Meaning if the PC is 192.168.1.100 then you can set the PS2 to 192.168.1.101

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  8. stwrt

stwrt Member

9. oakbase

oakbase Member

hi im new and ive just found out that u can hook ur PC up through Composite video. You can download Dscaler from my link below basically u just plug it in to the RED WHITE and YELLLOW ports and go through setup of program. On the program then find yout TV tuner card and select which input its coming through. I should havbe said this earlier u can also use s-video. Hope it helps

10. ToxicFish

ToxicFish Regular member