can i just burn and play

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by marky51, Mar 3, 2006.

1. marky51

marky51 Guest

hi guys just wandering if i can download a game file off the net onto my pc hd and burn it with alchohol 120,i have executor modchip,

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Chances are pretty good that you'll have to uncompress it first to get your iso(if you didn't already know). Then you can just burn and play. good luck.

3. marky51

marky51 Guest

thanks for the reply bhetrick,do i need to ftp this file or just uncompress and burn,sorry to sound a bit dumb but we all need to start somewhere

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

No question is dumb. That's what these forums are for. Actually, if it is an iso, you'd have to just burn it the way it is, or if you just want to ftp, then you'll need a program which will pull the files out, like Craxtion 4 or Quix.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah what bhetrick said.

If it is an ISO just burn it to DVD
    Then you can do one of 2 things, use DVD2Xbox and copy the DVD to your HDD games folder
    Or use Qwix or Craxtion4 to extract the game folders from the ISO into a folder you create and FTP that folder to your HDD

6. marky51

marky51 Guest

thanks guys,so i can just burn iso image to blank dvd and play it in my xbox and that will work?not got round to ftp yet seems a bit daunting

7. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Yep... just burn and play.

8. steimy

steimy Active member

Yeah, if you have a modchip then it is fairly easy once you get the ISO it is just burn and play for most games.
    Even building an ISO when you have the game files is not hard with Qwix or Craxtion4
    FTP'ing can be a bit tricky at first, but after you do it once or twice it is quite easy.

And if you have not already your next upgrade should be a new
    hard drive. 200GB or more.
    You will see how much better the Xbox can be with a big HDD.
    Games load much faster, no getting up to change discs inbetween games, and if you like you can FTP games and play then from the HDD to see if they are any good before wasting a DVD to copy them.