1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can i run iso from HD if i have this?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by obelisk28, Jul 2, 2006.

1. obelisk28

obelisk28 Member

i got:
    a moded ps2(the big one)
    action replay max
    gameshark 4
    codebreaker 9.2
    2gb usb memory stick
    250gb USB HD
    network adapter
    and a pc

can i run iso from the usb hd with the stuff above? if i can, can anyone give me a link to a tutorial. if not what else do i need?

2. wargamer

wargamer Guest

Wadaya mean? are u wanting to install a game Iso to your Usb hd or what. Ok then utility you need for installing games to a usb hdd are USBextreme or Usbinsane get them here http://skapps.com usbinsane is what u want and is the only program that will install games from ISO images on your PC. And to run the games u need usbadvance.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2006
  3. MadBoomah

MadBoomah Regular member

If you have a modded PS2, you don't need AR Max to install USBXtreme/USBAdvance (or the USB memory stick). Just burn the USBAdvance ISO to a CD or DVD (whichever you choose, obviously, comparing it to your chip's capabilities), you can get it from Skapps, before that.
    To put the games in, you have to use the USBXtreme tools. You can get all these from SKapps. Don't try USBInsane as it is extremely buggy and can ruin all the games installed.

But USB setups are unreliable, and slow. The software to install games is still buggy and also slow! Since you have a FAT PS2, then I suggest you get a regular IDE Drive instead. I'm not sure if you can get the 250GB drive out of that USB Enclosure though. It could simply be an SATA drive, and the PS2 isn't compatible with that.