can my xbox read backups?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by noni1, Jun 20, 2005.

1. noni1

noni1 Member

ok im totally new, and i know that u guys go throught the whole process all the time here, ive read all the threads on backing up xbox games etc
    this might sound stupid so forgive me, but my boyfriends xbox is not modded but will play backed up (or burnt)dvds does this mean we are lucky enought to have an xbox that can already play burnt games?? or does everyones xbox play burnt dvds...
    dont worry about rewriting all the stuff about how to modify the xbox etc, i have thourougly read your threads, just want to know if we are lucky or if all xboxes play burnt dvds

Last edited: Jun 20, 2005
  2. ger08

ger08 Member

nope all xboxes play burn dvds it must be modded to play burn games

3. mooo

mooo Member

nope u will need a modchip try www.modchip-store.co.uk ull find loads there

4. noni1

noni1 Member

thanks guys, now im wondering how i can mod my xbox with my friends chipped xbox, i asked another guy on these threads and he told me and now ive lost some of the info and need it again... ok ok dont laugh i am a girl remember... also, in his info he said i need action replay.. but i tried to buy it (the memory card and software) and noone around here sells it so can i not do this now?!!
    as i said please dont laugh if this sounds stupid i really need help!!

5. zeno60

zeno60 Member

What your wanting to do is called "soft-modding," i'm not up on this, so try searching google or these forums, you will get a ton of info on how to do it.

6. xdgen84

xdgen84 Member

Here's the process I used to soft-mod (software mod) my xbox and it worked flawlessly taking no longer than a half hour.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=81712

For this process you DO need Action Replay, which you can buy in many places online for around $30 or maybe get lucky on ebay. The rest should all be in that link, hope it helps.

7. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You CAN make an action replay out of your controller, by soldering/wiring a USB to the inside of your controller wires. It's a strenous process. Perhaps you should order an Action Replay online if you don't want to go through the struggle. Otherwise, there's no way you can softmod your xbox.

8. tgienger

tgienger Member

Don't know if this is the same guy I just answered in a different post or not but.... His xbox will only be used to transfer a savegame file that is needed to get evolution x dashboard running so you can either place files "softmodding" or flash bios "works better" IMO, anyways.. cya