Can not play copied games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by pabloesc, Aug 23, 2006.

1. pabloesc

pabloesc Member

I need some help with getting my xbox to play copied games. Currently i have Shademand's Ready Made Xbox Softmod with a 250gig upgraded hd. I got some games to play from my harddrive like Mortal Kombat but I cant get NBA live 06 to play. After doing extent research on the subject i found I would have to load nkpatcher10 to get the games to work right or i would have to rip the dvd straight from the D: drive to play it from the cd. Well all that sounds good but I can not get it to work. The game from the dvd or the harddrive just dont load and i get a black screen. Do i have to change my softmod in order to get the backup games to play and what would be the safest/easiest way to accomplish this without losing all my games and emulators thats on there? oh yeah i dont think i backup my old m$ dash. oops
    Thanks in advance your help, it is highly appreciated.

Ok just incase someone is to look at this thread I got my xbox to work perfectly now. After trying everything and seconds away from installing a new softmod I erased my cache from the E drive then restart my xbox and it played alot of the games I had on my harddrive that it wasnt playing but as for NBA live 06 I got the dirty disk error. I burned a xiso on a dvdrw and it came right up.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  2. penner13

penner13 Guest

can i use a lg 16x double layer external dvd+/- rewriter from best buy to burn xbox games

model # gsa-2164d

3. fast93awd

fast93awd Member

Penner, you should not have any problems with a 16x drive. Just remember that when you burn the game you may want to choose a slower speed than 16x. I have 2 16x burners and have been able to burn some at 16x but some do not read correctly. If you put the game in and get read erros at 16x then I would try burning at 8x some people even say to go as slow as 4x. Another thing to take into consideration the quality of disc you are using. If you are using a lower quality disc then I would definitely say go with the slower speeds.

Hope this helps.

4. penner13

penner13 Guest