Can someone please explain BASS frequency to me?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by cfultz, Aug 19, 2007.

1. cfultz

cfultz Regular member

ok, i want to buy a bazooka tube subwoofer and it has a frequency of 35-200 hz. now will somebody be able to feel that from another vehicle going down the road? here is the link to the tube. i just want to know how bass frequency works and if people will be able to feel the sound waves. thanks!

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

why would you want other people to feel it? that's rather annoying and rude, and very well could get you shot around here. :)

*edit*
    don't you even care about your hearing?

*re-edit*
    200 watts? that's only enough to mess up your passenger's hearing and possibly make your windows shake. people will hear it, but they won't feel it even outside the car. you'll just make people hate people with subs even more. ^.^

by the way, if you've got enough watts for people in other cars to feel it (i.e., 2000 watts+), then whoever is in the car will suffer some severe internal damage.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

you can't hear the lower frequency but can feel it with the right subwoofer and power amp. the MTX are the best on the market and move more air to get the best SPL

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/subwoofers/superWoofers.cfm

i have the 8500 MTX with a JL 500 watt mono amp hitting an SPL of 145 but you can't listen to it that loud very long without hearing damage and thats what it takes for the cars to feel it next to you (this baby moves air bigtime)NOT a POS bazooka. so do it right or go home lol .

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/subwoofers/thunder9500.cfm

bottom line its all about moving the air

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2007
  4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

cfultz - your sig pic needs shrinking, to 50kb or less

5. xXxBG

xXxBG Regular member

Dude ur so wrong 2 12' JL Audio subs should do u good.

6. cfultz

cfultz Regular member

ok well im on a budget but its not so much the bass now as the amp... i swapped up my sub to a MTX Audio Road Thunder 12x2 Enclosed. i just have a budget of 250 US dollars and i need an amp that is good but wont blow my sub up! i want sound quality that i can feel but not make me deaf!

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

part of the problem is that you need to understand you don't *feel* sound quality. yeah, you can get rattle around, but that not necessarily portraying the actual sound of the music you are listening to accurately.

what *type* of music do you mainly listen do? if you listen to fast-paced music, like rock, you need a 10 inch or so sub to keep up with the beat.

slower music can be accurately replicated with a bigger sub and more bass, but faster music will cause this sub to heat up and create many issues if you haven't planned it properly.

*edit*
    and it doesn't take much to damage your hearing. if you can feeling the rattling vibrations from the other end of your car, i guarantee the waves put out, even if too low for your ear to pick up, are strong enough to do some damage.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007