can someone tell me how to ajust my browser settings so i wont keep gettin this error message

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by dipset121, May 20, 2005.

1. dipset121

dipset121 Regular member

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

I can view the entire site its just certain sections are cut out i dont know if its the java or flash or both but i do no some animation doesnt work and on certain sites pictures and videos cant be seen can someone help please???

2. DMW

DMW Regular member

Hi,

Are you using Internet Explorer? If you are then go to your internet options (tools menu, then bottom option).

First. Half way down, click delete files, when confirmation box comes up, put tick in box -delete all offline content-.

Next. Click security tab at top. Click each icon in turn -internet- -trusted sites- and -restricted sites- and click the default level button for each one.

next. Click privacy tab at top. The nclick default.

Then. Click advanced tab and click restore defaults.

Close IE and retry sites.

Now, don't get me wrong, if this does work the default settings for IE are not very secure. Unless you rely on IE for something special, i and many others would suggest alternative browsers (Firefox and Opera are popular ones).

If your not using IE, all I can suggest is to clear out all your cache files and try again.

note: re-reading your post, it sounds like its not accpeting cookies where they are needed.

Hope this boring essay helped.

Cheers.