Can We Download the Guides?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by abrogard, Jun 3, 2005.

1. abrogard

abrogard Regular member

This has got to be about the greatest site in the universe, I guess, let me say that right up front.

I think I've got a memory of downloading a guide from here once or twice but I was reading the TMPGEnc guide tonight and wanted to download it and couldn't find a way to do it (short of cutting and pasting each page).

Are the guides downloadable?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

No, they aren't -- apart from obviously saving the web page itself. Reason is simple: we make money to fund this operation by showing ads on our pages :)

To reply to the another issue: we're planning to introduce "printer friendly" pages later this year, but first we need to complete few bigger projects first.

3. abrogard

abrogard Regular member

O.K., fine. I don't quite follow the logic but I'm certainly not complaining. Perhaps you mean you couldn't put the ads on them if they were zipped up ready for download? Excuse my slow wits.

Could I ask you another? I read the FAQ about afterdawn and it was interesting but didn't go into depth or detail about your own self, who you are, were you are, etc.

The name listed there made me wonder if you were Finnish? I've got a friend from Finland and he's got a name somewhat similar. And I've recently found an excellent piece of software created and donated to the world by a Fin.

Just wondered. Thanks again for the site.

:)