Canon FS10 Questions

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by clubrulz, Jan 27, 2009.

1. clubrulz

clubrulz Member

Hello all,

I have recently purchased a Canon FS10 for an upcoming family vacation and would like to figure out a few things before we go. I have not installed the supplied software but have connected the camcorder to my Archos and copied the Mov001.mod and Mov001.moi files to my Archos for viewing. I have discovered that the .mod is an mpeg file, so I simply changed the extention to .mpeg and the Archos plays it no problem at all. As does my computer in Windows media Classic.

The question that I have is, how can I get the information from the .moi file (time and date stamp) added to the mpeg so I can archive it with the correct date stamped on the video?

I am also a little concerned about all the warnings in the user manual about connecting the camcorder to a computer without the software installed. Is there reason to be concerned if I am simply copying the files back and forth?

2. clubrulz

clubrulz Member

Forgot to ask...will a class 2 SDHC card be adequate for this camcorder? I believe the best video quality records at 10MB/s and I believe the spec for a class 2 card is Min 2MB/s - 13x.