Canon MP490 Printer won't print size I want

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by kookie56, Jun 20, 2011.

1. kookie56

kookie56 Regular member

I don't know if this is the place to ask about this, but I need help and don't know where else to go.
    I have a Canon MP490 printer and I want to print dvd covers that measure 7.25" x 10.80".
    If I use the borderless method, it comes out to big. If I use exact size method, it always comes out to short on width. (the printer always seems to make a border that makes the size incorrect.
    I have windows 7. I have used the printing software that came with the printer (EASY Photo Print Ex), I have used Microsoft Picture It! 7, Microsoft Home Publishing 2000, Microsoft Office 2010,etc., but no matter what program I use, I can't get the size I want.
    It is always too big or too small.
    I have emailed Canon (back and forth) and they told me to change the paper size in the preferences to make the cover fit. But, this also, did not work.
    On my old computer (with Windows XP) there was a windows fax viewer that I used. The cover always came out perfect, but Windows 7 does not have this viewer.
    I have wasted lots of paper and ink to try to resolve this problem and can't seem to fix it.
    Can anyone help me with this problem? I am frustrated and desperate.
    Thank you.

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i resize using adobe photoshop 8 (yes i know there are newer versions but i dont have the cash to buy one).might have to change the page layout (portrait to landscape make it print wide not tall.)i print dvd covers and they come out the right size.

3. attar

attar Senior member

4. kookie56

kookie56 Regular member

Do you have to make any changes to the Canon printer preferences or does it work with the size you list in the Adobe Photoshop 8?

Thank you for answering me, by the way.

5. kookie56

kookie56 Regular member

6. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

im actually using photoshop 7 (my mistake).you open the picture in it go image size (type in the size and resolution,can do size by pixels,cms,mms,inches,).then you go print with preview it will show you the size it prints at (usually slightly smaller than image size).alter that.go page set up can change from portrait to landscape (can alter margins if neccesary).heres one i did a few weeks ago & (yes i own the original dvd)[​IMG]