1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't copy saw 3 - **just needs DVDFab Decrypter**

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by CD0728, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

ginxginx, post again in caps & you are history off this site!! read the forum rules above as is obvious you haven't read them!

2. BriMo59

BriMo59 Member

Hi Kayfc - The Video TS file should have all the video and audio in it, the Audio TS files are usually empty.. you can drag the video TS file into DVD Shrink and end up with an ISO file which can be burned with DVD Decrypter or any burning software. DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink are both free programs, just google for them - Hope this helps - BriMo59

3. slickflix

slickflix Member

Wow... after trying ALL week to produce a workable copy of Saw 3 (using many types of software), I was finnaly able to nail it today with PacMan's guide. My hat's off to you sir. Much appreciated.

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're welcome. Glad it worked. Remember to keep the option on to check for updates. There's been a few since I wrote the little tutorial.

5. slickflix

slickflix Member

Will do Pacman. Would anyone know, by any chance, why I can't get Saw 3 to work on my XBOX? I use it as my primary DVD player, and I've never had any problems playing burned movies on it... but when I load Saw 3, it doesn't seem to recognize it. When I load the same disc into my PC, PowerDVD immediatly recognizes and plays it. Odd.

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

slickflix, what media are you using? and which format?

you would have the best chace with the DVD dash R format using Taiyo Yuden and or Verbatim burning at 4x

7. slickflix

slickflix Member

aabbccdd

All my films are done on Memorex DVD+R at 16 speed. The thing is though, this is the first time I've ever had this problem. I've played maybe 100 of the exact same discs on this XBOX without any problems.

My concern is that I just didn't burn it properly. The same disc plays on my PC, without any problems, as a DVD. On my first few runs trying to burn Saw 3, a problem I encountered was the disc only playing as seperate VTS files. But after using PacMan's formula (Ripit4me, DVD dycrypter, DVD shrink), I completed a disc that is identified as a DVD and automatically opens with "PowerDVD".

Anyway, thanks for swift responce aabbccdd. I'm going to go ahead and keep backing up my original disc in various ways and see if there's any improvment.

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

alot of memorex will code out as CMC mag if thoughs do its probably the problem.its some of the worst media on the market. three things you can do

1. get the better media as i said Taiyo Yuden and or Verbatim

2. booktype the DVD+R to DVD-ROM

3. and slow down your burn speed to at least 8x max.

and at least do the last two things i mentioned if your don't change your media

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2007
  9. slickflix

slickflix Member

aabbccdd

I'll give all three a try. Wasn't aware of Memorex's poor quality, I wish I'd known sooner, I've been using them for going on a year now. I really appreciate the help though, many thanks.

And for all you Football fans watching the game today, go Bears!

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

slickflix, yeah the memorex isn't the best stuff out there lol.

and since i am in Indianapolis Go Colts!!!!!!!!!! lol

11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

The rep Memorex developed is from a couple of years ago. CMC has been making media for other companies since then and I've not heard the same outcry. Supposedly they even made some of Verbatim's media in the past. But in a situation where quality may be an issue, it is best to go with a proven brand and manufacturer. Why don't you run DVD Identifier (just google) and let us know for sure who made your Memorex. Most of us haven't used any in a couple of years.

abcd was right, booktyping to DVD ROM does make a copy more compatible for some players. It has a couple of requirements though. A burner that can booktype, not all can, and +R media, -R doesn't work. Also, most people who do a lot of video backups realize the possibility for errors increase with speed. That doesn't mean you'll get errors every time you do a burn, but the odds increase you may. It just pays to go slower, you're only saving a few minutes per backup with the faster burn.

12. Kayfc

Kayfc Member

Thanks BriMo59, but what I mean is that if I have the ISO file or working DVD, is there a way to modify it so that I can add a new selectable audio track.

13. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

My Benq1650s with Qsuite running refuse to burn memorex CMC mags faster than 4X. Qsuite recognizes a POS when it sees one.

14. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

slickflix,

the biggest problem IMO is the burn speed 8x max. even 6x or 4x if your having playback problem

15. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Even with a Plex and burning TY I don't burn video faster than 6X. As I mentioned, it can be done, but why take the chance. As abcd said, it's a good idea to get away from those fast burn speeds if you're having any problems. Then do as he said and switch to some +R media and booktype it if your burner will booktype. Then switch media if you think necessary. I'm still curious, who manufactured your Memorex?

16. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

or even try the Taiyo Yuden DVD dash R thats what i use and they play in every dvd player i throw them at

17. slickflix

slickflix Member

I went ahead and lookd up the manufactuerer of Memorex DVDs, if I read correctly it is a company called Ricoh. I'm not too concerned with disc types, I have more than 150 movies on the same discs and never had trouble playing them. When I get a chance I'll go ahead and try the "Pacman" process at a slower burn speed. It's a bit of a frusterating experience, up to this point I've been burning for the last year using only DVD Shrink (supported by Nero), which can finish a disc in like 35 minutes.

18. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Interesting... Ricoh is one of the better manufacturers. They've manufactured media for top brands and was/is some of the best they offer. Verbatim has sold them as well as other top brands. That was one I used to try to keep track of till I started using Sony. The code usually reads ricohjpn. I have a lot of backups on Ricoh media and a lot of that with Memorex. So, if you're using Ricoh, I wouldn't worry too much about the media. I've heard nothing bad about Ricoh recently. That's a plus for Memorex. Those memo don't suck.

BTW, if you use the "Pacman" process (which is simply using RI4M as the ripper), then I suggest using a burner with speed control and not using DVD Decrypter as a burner. I used DVD Shrink as a transcoder in the example, but most good transcoders and encoders will work just as well. Back when 4X media was available burn speed wasn't much of an issue. I think some people were saying to burn at 2X then. ;) But I don't think I want a burner trying to hit 16X while burning video. If you want to go with a free burner use ImgBurn or something with speed control.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  19. slickflix

slickflix Member

I'm trying to follow your last post Pacman but I keep getting lost. So you're recomending I use another program instead of Dycryptor, I just can't figure out what to use instead and how to run in in conjuction with Ripit4me. If you could break this down a little clearer I'd be really grateful.

20. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

DVD Decrypter has 2 functions. It's a ripper-decryption tool and also a burner app. With RI4M is is used for a ripper-decrypter. At the end where I say it's a supported burner with Shrink, it's just that, a supported burner just like the burning rom from Nero is also supported. But for best quality a burner program with speed control needs to be used. You have to have DVD Decrypter (as a ripper-decrypter) for use with RI4M or it won't work. However, you don't have to have DVD Decrypter for use as a burner with Shrink. With file swapping ImgBurn can be used as a supported burner with Shrink. But without knowing how, you'd need to burn an ISO to the hard drive with Shrink and then open the ISO in ImgBurn. If you have Nero, it's simplest to use it. VSO's copytoDVD is also supported if I remember correctly. One of the VSO burners is, it doesn't show up in Shrink unless the program is loaded though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.