1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't copy saw 3 - **just needs DVDFab Decrypter**

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by CD0728, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenny0372

Kenny0372 Guest

I came across the same problem when I tried to make a backup copy of Saw III, I use DVD Shrink most of the time when I make backups. A couple of friends of mine recommended DVD Fab Platinum. I downloaded the trial version of DVD Fab platinum and in less than 31 minutes I had a beautiful copy of Saw III.

2. slickflix

slickflix Member

Wow, I don't know where to begin. I just completed by 8th attempt at burning Saw 3. Used Ripit4Me + DVD Dycyptor followed by Shrink which I used to make an Image File which I burned with Imgburn at 2X speed. I loaded the disc into my XBOX, I heard the same scratching sound it's been making before with the other copies of Saw 3.... but this time after a few seconds the screen went black (usually it holds on the loading disc screen). It stayed black for a long time so I tried pressing the "chapter forward" button... and low and behold, the 2nd chapter of the movie popped up.

The movie is now playing as I type this. The problem was loading the initial menu. I've got a completed copy of the movie now... so I'm happy, the whole menu business is puzzling though, to say the least.

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

doing the movie only will cause you less problems

COLTS WIN!!!!!!!!! COLTS WIN!!!!!!!!!!! COLTS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!COLTS WIN!!!!!!!!! COLTS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!! COLTS WIN!!!!!!!!! COLTS WIN!!!!

COLTS WIN!!!!!!!!! COLTS WIN!!!!!!!!!!! COLTS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!COLTS WIN!!!!!!!!! COLTS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!! COLTS WIN!!!!!!!!! COLTS WIN!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2007
  4. slickflix

slickflix Member

After all this work I really can't stop at "movie only". I don't even like the movie that much, I just have to complete this task. It's a matter of pride.

Grr. I've got common sense so I wasn't going into this game with very much hope that Bears would win. Their offense has been stinking it up since the New Year. We need a new QB.

5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Grossman young he will be back ready to go next year. and yeah there offense looked horrible tonight but alot of that was due to the Colts outstanding defense. Bob Sanders looked great on our in

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

The Bears had one of the best defenses all year, but Peyton managed okay. Grossman's game was just gross. LOL I know, bad pun.

I think just about everyone has Saw 3 under control now. If not, update the software.

7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

the AFC teams look better than most the NFC teams and the Bears didn't have that tough of a schedule this year at all . so they were probably a little over rated. and the Colts never get any repect(the press/NLF today etc. cans them all the time) being there a small market team but they showed them tonight!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2007
  8. nocanndo

nocanndo Guest

I USED DVDFAB 3 AND DVDIDLE PRO AND IT MADE PERFECT COPIES.

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Add to that your ability to type in all caps and you may get a visit from ddp. ;)

10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

yes!!!

11. AUDIOMIND

AUDIOMIND Member

are you telling me that even after 30 pages (many pages which consist of elementary tutorials) there are still some that have not been able to correctly make a backup?

:)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

There are morons here starting new Saw 3 threads, with not enough intelligence to search forum for Saw3 threads. It is no wonder they can't back up this now easy movie.

13. slickflix

slickflix Member

That's hilarious, considering the first thread on the page is "Can't Copy Of Saw 3".

14. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

slickflix , remember using memorex is like rolling the dice. they may code out as Ricoh a few time then you may get a batch that code out as CMC mag which is bad news. so using Taiyo Yuden and or Verbatim your sure of what you are getting everytime

15. slickflix

slickflix Member

aabbccdd, you read my mind. Between all the research I did regarding "Saw 3", It immediatly became clear in my head that Memorex had to go. Furthermore, I've already decided that the next batch of DVDs I buy will be Verbatim... as I'm pretty sure I can find them at most local electronics stores. I'm hoping my current issue with Saw 3 (won't open the menu on my XBOX, have to skip a chapter ahead after it loads) is a Memorex problem.

16. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

With it being the Ricoh-Memorex, I doubt media being your problem.

Here's some media manufactured by CMC. Note Memorex isn't the only one. It's mostly the older 8X shown here, but it goes to show that Memorex isn't the only company that sold/sells CMC manufactured media. Memorex just found a better following on the forums. It may have been the catchy "Memosux" catch word. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending CMC. I got some dodgy Memorex myself. I'm just saying Memorex wasn't the only one. Guess I'll have to spend some of my lunch money and buy some of "today's" CMC and see if they've improved. CMC is still being sold and by brands besides Memorex.

------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  17. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

finally broke down and copied saw3 and 2. 2 work great just watched it tomorrow for 3. used latest dvdfab and shrink

18. tantrum4

tantrum4 Member

YES!!!! Finally I got it!! I just used DVDClone with AnyDVD and booyaa!!! Full disc working copy. Just wondering though, that was the first time I used DVDClone and the quality didn't seem like it was quite all there, at least compared to when I use DVD Shrink. Is there some setting I should have changed? I just left everything set as they are when you first open it.

19. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

tantrum4, theres NO quality setting with clonedvd 2 like there is in dvd shrink , you can do the movie only ,put it on a daul layer or 2 single layer thats about your only options with clonedvd 2

20. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

LOL... I agree with you buddy -- I couldn't have said any better than you.

I'm done with "SAW 3 UNRATED EDITION" (at least 2 weeks ago) and I'm not going to look back on this thread. I guess some people (especially) newbies will never learn a damn thing, all I hear from them are; "I can't backup this, I can't backup that, I'm having problem ripping this/that, etc." Unfortunately, the sad thing is, sometimes those movies are not even released until another week or 2, yet threads just poping left to right. Apparently, this is starting to get extremely annoying or should I say "ridiculous."

At times, even the great DVDFab Decrypter or AnyDVD from SlySoft needed to get their hands on the original copy of the DVD so they can analyze those damn IFO, then updated their softwares.

Evidently, I'm sorta tired of trying to help clueless newbies (them lazy folks, especially those just want a short/easy answer, but never tried to learn a damn thing) regardless if tons of guides were provided or not. That being said, just take a look at the "DVD Shrink forum", now it's filled up with tons of useless threads.

Best of luck to all and happy burning!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.