1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't copy saw 3 - **just needs DVDFab Decrypter**

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by CD0728, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JP1357

JP1357 Guest

I had no problem with Saw III, used DVD FAB (the free one) and DVD Shrink and it turned out just fine. I have never had a problem using these two programs to copy and burn movies.

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

JP1357

Two weeks ago when Saw 3 came out in the States you would have had major problems with DVD Fab and Shrink. That combo couldn't touch Saw 3. And DVDFab was the last decrypter to be fixed after ripit4me and anydvd.

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Garmoon is right. A lot depends on when you get around to doing the backup. If all the software has been updated, it shouldn't be much of a problem for anyone.

4. carlvo

carlvo Regular member

Yep. Saw 3 can be backed up without a problem now everyone. Just read through the 100's of posts and you will be able to do it successfully. And if thats too much 4 u 2 do, here's the easy way:
    DVDFab $ AnyDVD, latest versions of course!

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

AnyDVD and DVDFab are still having a few problems for full backups with the heavier copy protections. Ripit4Me has been the leader since Saw 3 cropped up. AnyDVD is starting to need CloneDVD 2 to work properly sometimes and before it could work with most transcoding software. It's been acting up with the popular Shrink lately. I've been wondering when they are going to change the name from AnyDVD to SomeDVDs. I've had AnyDVD for a long time and I'm not overjoyed with the support lately.

6. carlvo

carlvo Regular member

Sorry that you are having problems with AnyDVD Pacman, but it has worked perfectly for myself and many others with Saw 3. And yes, I did a full DVD backup. Smooth burn. Where is it giving you problems at?

7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

PacMan777. i think the problem with anydvd its using an older verison of FixVTS which isn't getting update within the program and its causing problems on some movies doing the complete backup it will do the movie only fine on pretty much any release

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I know, I acknowledged that it was a full backup issue and with newer titles. I heard there's a problem with them using the free FixVTS with a retail program. I think Kitty said something about it.

Instead of SomeDVD they could use SumDVD. They keep raising the sum people have to pay for it. LOL

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  9. URCLONE

URCLONE Member

AGREED...I THINK DVDFAB THE BETA IS MAYBE THE MOST USER FRIENDLY PROG OUT THERE..

10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

URCLONE, why do you have your caps lock on?

11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

With DVDFab you still need the occasional processing with VobBlanker or FixVTS. RipIt4Me incorporates the process. So, how much easier could anything be than using the 1-Click mode in RipIt4Me. Till RI4M fails and one of the other decryption programs does the job, Ripit4Me has won top honors in my collection and will be the "go to" program. I'm not tossing anything though, none of these programs are 100% all the time.

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

No need to be sorry. It was AnyDVD falling down on the job. And it didn't work perfectly when Saw3: Unrated was first released. I'm still hearing complaints about it with programs like Shrink. Seems it's more partial to CloneDVD 2. I used the 2 Slysoft programs for a full backup with Saw 3, but it took using the Preview function and editing out the bad titles in CloneDVD 2. It only took a few minutes, but not all users know to do that. All it took was the 1-Click mode in RI4M and the entire cleanup and processing got done with no user input. Instead of using Shrink I used DVD RB Pro with CCE SP for my personal backup. I ran a test with Shrink as well. I got full backups that played properly with all. AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2 could do a movie only backup not long after the Saw3 release (or it could have been at the time) I'm not positive, it's been a few weeks and I've seen a lot of software threads since. The point is RI4M did it and AnyDVD and the others had their problems. Since then RI4M has been doing the likes of Open Season and other hard copy protections. So it isn't a one shot wonder. I'll stick with it till it fails. That's the way I felt about AnyDVD till Slysoft started slipping on the support.

13. gus738

gus738 Guest

pacman anydvd and clonedvd 2 do copy saw 3 unrated (i have R1) with menu and all options

14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

With editing errors the Slysoft software could get full dvd but unassisted AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2 could not do Saw 3: Unrated (Region 1) when it was first released and prerelease. The only one that could do it at the time was RipIt4Me and it allowed use of the output files with any trancoding, encoding, and editing program a user wanted. 1-Click. I have no idea when you did your copy or with what version of the software, but I doubt it was from January 23 and earlier without some editing. Browse the Saw 3 thread stickied at the top of the Shrink thread and you'll find what I'm talking about. I own all this software and was able to get full DVD with various combinations. RI4M was the only one that could get the job done without user input.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  15. gus738

gus738 Guest

lol well yea i know before it didnt because slysoft was a bit behind due to any hd , but james said after that everything seems to be in order and now anyone should be able to handle all new titles

16. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Yeah, Slysoft had bigger fish to fry than keeping support up on AnyDVD like it had in the past. I wonder how many copies of AnyHD they'll be selling in the near future. LOL With the cost of drives and discs, I hear they're not getting many takers on beta testing the software. But back to AnyDVD. I slowed down on doing a lot of tests. I sort of got burned out with all the variations with Saw 3. I still hear some titles are giving AnyDVD problems with software like Shrink.

17. gus738

gus738 Guest

yea shrink and anydvd on the latest titles are still a bit of a bugger but thats not a end due to slysoft i belive , i tried putting grudge 2 and shrink wouldnt reconise it anydvd in the background shrink said something about an i/o or somet error , its only on that movie

18. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I think I heard something along those lines a few weeks back with Saw 3... only on that movie. It wasn't long ago Slysoft usually had the software ready ahead of the release dates for those difficult titles.

19. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@pacman77

I don't understand exactly what the above means. But on Jan 23 AnyDVD(current version I had on pc) and CloneDVD were able to do Movie only of Saw 3 unrated region1 USA at 100%. I didnt try the whole disc. It took me over an hour to figure out I wasn't giving Anydvd the time it needed to read the bad sectors. I thought the drive had just froze up. I didn't try ripit4me till the next day. It did the whole disc.

20. FredBun

FredBun Active member

I too had the same problem with anydvd loading up, was thinking it kept frezzing, than desided to let it ride and after about 5 min minutes it finally loaded up, after that burning succesfully was no problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.