Can't Decrypt or Shrink DVDs Made With Philips DVDR 75..PLZ HELP!!

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by DVDDemon, Aug 23, 2003.

1. DVDDemon

DVDDemon Member

Just invested in a Philips DVDr75 recorder to convert old VHS tapes to DVD. Now I want to use DVD Shrink or Decrypter to remove the unwanted title page, but when I use Shrink, I get a shutdown error message and the program shuts down, and with Decrypter, the BUP file won't copy. But the dvd plays perfect in the recorder and in regular dvd player. I even downloaded the Beta DVD Shrink and still get an error message. But other dvds that were made with a Panasonic E50 recorder work fine. Can it be that you can't decrypt or shrink dvds made with the new Philips recorder? Please help! If this thing is not going to do what I want, it's going back to Best Buy!

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Ah right, i see now. I wasnt sure after reading your other post what you were talking about. Try not to double post like that.

Your Philips standalone is creating a DVD+R disc from a VHS player/recorder i presume. You are then either connecting the philips to the computer or you are putting the disc in a DVD ROM and trying to copy to the HD? AM i right so far. If so, copy all of the VOB's create by your philips to the hard drive and use TMPGEnc DVD Author to create the necessary BUP and VTS files for you. Then DVD Shrink will accept it and the title page will be gone.

3. DVDDemon

DVDDemon Member

Thanks Oriphus! Sorry about the double post. Should have added the second post to the first...was just so pissed. Especially since this is the second DVD recorder purchased in one week. First bought the Polaroid (JUNK)! At the beginning of recording VHS to DVD, the image would freeze while the unit recorded, then the image would release but the beginning of the movie is missed on the DVD!

4. DVDDemon

DVDDemon Member

Downloaded the TMPGEnc - have no clue on what to do. Read the guide, but that deals with making a VCD. I want to create the necessary BUP and VTS files to burn a DVD and remove the title page.

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Go to the user guide section in my signature - download TMPGEnc DVD Author to create the BUP, VOB, etc..