1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant port forward

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by chico1st, Dec 22, 2006.

1. chico1st

chico1st Member

Hey there I have a Linksys router and Im running Azureus and I cant seem to forward my port for Azureus.

I have a static IP and I went into my routers setup and set port 6915 with TCP and UDP for my ip but my Azureus still says my NAT is firewalled and if I use one of those port forwarding checking websites they say it isnt forwarded.

Azureus recommends that you use a port between 49000 and 70000 or so but if i try to set a prot in that range my router changes it on me, to a value less than 47000

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

This is a long shot but ensure that the static ip address you set is the same as the one in ipconfig/all and is also the one you forwarded to. And try setting a port over 10,000, I use 34,450. You could also try these ports; other processes use them: 443, 1720 and 8080.

3. jenko6a

jenko6a Guest

Im also having some problems with ports.
    I removed norton and turned off windows firewall.
    Using https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 i can see all my ports are stealthed by my router. But when i forward a port instead of it going from stealthed to open it goes to closed. When i run a program like emule the emule port goes from closed to open then when i close it, it gose back closed.

Can anyone tell me how to make a port permanantly open without a program having to trigger it. Im sure i used to be able to

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2006
  4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Can't help you but why would you want a port permanently open? As long as it is opening when the program is running, that seems ideal and less of a security risk.

5. jenko6a

jenko6a Guest

not all my programs open it so i causes problems on some things. And i just want to know how my computer is still protecting itself without a firewall

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2006